Clarion Hotel
USD 217*
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Portland - Old Port(Portland)(Great Value!)
USD 241*
USD 228*
  • Room Service
Portland Regency Hotel & Spa(Portland)(Great Value!)
USD 152*
USD 130*
Ramada Plaza Portland(Portland)(Great Value!)
USD 111*
USD 185*
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay(Portland)(Great Value!)
USD 148*
  • Pool
The Westin Portland Harborview(Portland)(Great Value!)
USD 184*
USD 166*
  • Room Service
Portland Harbor Hotel(Portland)(Great Value!)
USD 195*
USD 184*
Official Hotel
USD 223*
USD 195*
All reviewsroom was cleanold portfront desk staffpool and hot tubomeletconvenient locationshuttle servicefree shuttlecoffee makercookiesdowntownamtrakmainesurgeryproximity
Reviewed 20 January 2012

This isn't the typical type of location I visit, but I got a great deal on Priceline for the Clarion for a last minute getaway. It is more on the outskirts of Portland, so you will need to have your car available to get around. Very busy traffic area. We visited while they had a wedding party in house, and aside from seeing the slew of wedding guests in the lobby and the limos and entourage outside, we didn't notice much noise once in the room. Either the hotel did a good job of keeping it's regular guests away from the wedding party, or the rooms have decent noise insultation... either way it was good. Bed not the best, but again this is a value chain hotel, not a high end hotel where I would expect a luxe bed. Definitely keep this in mind if you need a good deal and check out their prices through online discount sites like Priceline.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lilahNH
Greg M, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a response regarding your stay at our hotel. I’m glad that were able to accommodate you with your last minute needs. I was also happy to hear that the hustle and bustle of the wedding group did not disturb you during your stay. We do our best to make sure every guest is happy and comfortable. Feedback like this is great because it lets us know that what we are doing is working, and more importantly, it is leaving our guests satisfied with their stay!

Thank you for choosing the Clarion, and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 20 January 2012

A friend and I stayed overnight for a work function. Our room was large and very clean. There isn't much of a view out the window - you basically look out onto the parking lot and the highway, but that's ok - unless I am at the beach or in the mountains, I keep the curtains drawn anyway....so that didn't deter from my overall feelings about the hotel.

The location is great - close to the Old Port where there are great restaurants, stores, museums, and the hotel is visible from the highway, so it's easy for out-of-towners to find. I spend a lot of time in Portland, so I already knew how to get there.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and while we were there the night before New Year's Eve, we headed to Pete and Larry's Lounge downstairs. It was my friend, me, and two people watching a Celtics game. Not a "hot spot," but the bartender was friendly and the nachos we ordered were delicious! And they had plenty of TVs on which to watch the game.

It's affordable. It's clean. It's nothing fancy but if you are looking for a clean, warm place to stay while spending time in Portland...I would recommend the Clarion. If you are looking for a view of Portland Harbor, then this isn't the hotel for you - but if you would rather save your money to eat at amazing restaurants in the Old Port, then stay here...it's an easy cab ride downtown and back, and you can use your money to buy your dinner, admission to the Portland Museum of Art (well worth the visit) and still have some money to purchase your lobster-themed souvenirs to take home.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: All the rooms basically have the same view. We were told that the poolside rooms are mostly filled with families with children - so they can be a little loud. The nice front desk person suggested we stay on the fourth floor rather than poolside. It was the right decision.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

We appreciate your taking the time to post a review, and your compliments about our hotel are well received. It’s always great to hear that our staff was able to lend a helpful hand to make a guest’s stay more pleasant.

I also have to agree with you that the nachos in Pete & Larry’s are delicious! If you return in the near future, I would urge you to stop in to catch another game at the restaurant.

Thank you for the kind words, and hopefully we’ll see you when you return to Portland.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

We got a great deal on Priceline and used this for our last night in Maine because it is halfway between downtown and he Airport. Staff was friendly. R. Bar opened at 5PMoom was clean with a refrigerator and excellent big screen TV.Comfortable bed. Only complaint was plastic cups for water. Nothing really bad nor really great

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel, and we appreciate your comments. Our location is perfect for anyone using the airport, as it is half way between the airport and the Old Port area. I am glad to hear that this worked well for you.

As for the beds, I’m happy they were to your satisfaction. We do our best to make sure that our guests are comfortable. And just to inform you for a future stay, we now have glass cups in the rooms!

Thank you again, and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 15 December 2011

Great sized room, spotless and Great water pressure. I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for you compliments! We are glad that we were able to make your stay pleasant and that you were satisfied with all these aspects of our hotel.

Thank you for choosing the Clarion, and we hope we can accommodate you again on your next trip to Portland!

Reviewed 1 December 2011

for convenience (especially pertaining to location and pet friendliness), cleanliness and price. you can walk to downtown Portland from the hotel which is pleasant, right off the highway but somehow is very quiet. Beds are really comfortable and it was a pet friendly room that was VERY CLEAN! Which I appreciate very much.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your compliments about our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the convenience of our location. I’ll also be happy to pass on the comment about the cleanliness of your room to the housekeeping team. They work very hard and the feedback is much appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you’re in Portland!