“Wonderful”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Fun, a good place, great access to attractions in Portland. Will definitely visit again. Very near airport good for business.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Once a year, my family and I take an annual trip down to Maine to shop. We always stay at the Embassy Suites hotel in Portland, ME. The rooms are excellent, with comfy beds and beautiful decor. The service is also wonderful, as they are very accomodating and friendly at all hours and times. The best features besides the room itself would be the clean swimming pool and work out area! The hotel is very modern in style and even though it is near an airport, you would never know as you cannot hear the traffic when inside. The morning breakfast buffet has to not only be the beat hotel food i've had in ages, it is also the best place i've ever eaten breakfast! Try it out and you will see, endless choices to fit your dietary needs. We eapecially like the on site omlette chef and decor of the breakfast place. Needless to say, the Embassy suites hotel in Portland,ME truly makes our vacation a pleasent one, each and everytime. Highly reccomended!

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank chiligarlicsauce
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This hotel is in a great central location. It is great value. All rooms at this hotel are suites. They include a fridge and a fold out couch. This is really great when you travel with several individuals.
The couch was extremely uncomfortable and in need of replacement.
This hotel would get an excellent rating from me, but the rooms need updating. We have stayed on several occasions, and found that the last time we were there it really needed an update.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica B
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Jessica B,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and will use this to review our rooms and prepare for our next update. We also appreciate your continued loyalty to our hotel and look forward to seeing you again soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I had the best experience at this hotel...I wish there was more STARS because I would give it to them. The staff is super nice, the hotel is so clean (I'm OCD-so trust me when I tell you clean), and I felt at home. The hotel has everything you could think of pool, hot tub, business center, free Internet, free breakfast (and it was good, hot, and fresh), and a manager's complimentary cocktail. I came with another couple and we had a 2bedroom suite with a livingroom/dining/kitchen it was very nice. I absolutely enjoyed my stay and I can't wait to come back. Now when I travel I will look for embassy suites to stay in. They truely care about the guests and raised the bar really high for other hotels.

Room Tip: When traveling with kids or a group ask for the 2 bedroom suite (it's not going to cost you an a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fpaulack
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Dear Fpaulack,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel and staff. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you want to come back! We look forward to having you anytime you are in the area!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 29 January 2012

For a business hotel located adjacent to an airport, the slowness of their Internet is shocking. I consistently had 1 Mb per second of down speed and less than 1 Mb per second up speed during my entire three-day stay here. This is consistent with all my previous stays here. Embassy Suites needs to understand the importance of bandwidth to its customers. My future stays here will be dependent on their ability to respond to this need. Furthermore, the Embassy Suites needs to provide printers with AirPrint - a widely used technology today.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank WRRalph
EmbassyPortland, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

Dear WR Ralph,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments on our hotel and staff and am glad you enjoyed your stay. I also wanted to address your comments on our internet speed. We realize that our recently installed system is insufficent and are currently planning an upgrade to our WiFi within the next 6 months. Please contact me directly if you have any questions about the progress before your next trip to Portland.

All the Best,