“A damn good bakery! ”

Big Sky Bread Co Incorporated
Ranked #12 of 28 Bakeries in Portland
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

This is a true bakery. They sell everything that can be baked. We stopped there for lunch and each had a panini. I had the turkey panini, which was amazing. They even have an option to try some bread before you buy a whole loaf. Will be back!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 6 September 2018

We've been visiting Big Sky for years, like since 1995, and it does not disappoint. We buy our weekly bread here as well as Saturday morning treats. We're lucky in Portland to have so many great bakeries and we find that they all have their specialties. For my part, I think Big Sky scones are the best in town. Their sandwich bread cannot be beat, particularly the anadama. I stopped for lunch recently and had the half sandwich/cup of soup. Everything was fresh and tasty. This is homey feeling bakery with many things baked with whole grains. If you like your baked goods on the heartier side you'll find some great products here. And they make an impressive variety of breads.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Big Sky is one of my standard stops for many things; sandwiches and daily fresh breads to name a few. But I must give a personal shout out to them for their Challah breads. Baked every Friday, seeded or not and in two sizes. It can't be beat. By Sunday we enjoy the best Challah French Toast on the planet (big claim, I know, but true). So, if you are hosting Shabbat or you just want to indulge, get there early. They do run out. They do take pre-orders as well. And while I'm here, I'm going to tag on a vote for their Anadama bread - yum! I mean, who makes Anadama bread anymore? Big Sky, that's who! The only reason for 4 out of 5 possible stars is the staff. They are usually a little on the grumpy side. Smile when you hand someone a sandwich, it doesn't hurt, I promise!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Friends raved about this place and made it a “must stop” while in Portland. We stopped in after brunch. Was going to grab a few things but right off the bat the looks on the faces of the staff indicated we needed to get our goods and get out. Ordered cookies and a blueberry tea ring. While placing the order for cookies the person taking the order glared at my children and me and snapped saying “go slow. I can’t hear you”. If my kids didn’t really want the cookies I would have said forget it and walked out. The cookies were plain and the tea ring, fine. I would not go out of my way to get to Big Sky. I could look beyond the bad behavior if the food was good.

I review often on trip advisor and rarely (if ever) write bad reviews so take that for what it’s worth.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Love their bread. Variety is wonderful ! The sandwiches are excellent ....
My husband and I always went in whenever we were in the area..
If you could bottle the smell ....heavenly !

Date of visit: October 2017