“For the most part, good experience but better customer service may need to be reinforced.”

Fermentation Distillation
Ranked #381 of 634 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Reviewed 26 September 2014 via mobile

We were seated outside by a door used for entry to the outdoor seating. At one point, an employee flung the door open and hit my husband in the knee. It was a simple mistake but it was something that could have been a lot worse. Another employee saw it and told our waitress but she didn't really act like she appreciated how uncool that was. We didn't bother complaining about it that night because the rest of the experience was fine. But, it is annoying enough that it is something I will consider the next time we eat out in Portland.

Reviewed 10 September 2014

Considering the venue, close to the water, we expected typical Portland flair but unfortunately the menu consisted of mainly burgers and sandwiches. There was nothing fancy about the presentation of the food, and the flavor was average. I tried their vodka, and was definitely not impressed by the flavor. Those drinking beer tried several and didn't complain. So I guess my suggestion would be go for the brew, but there are too many other good food options to try in the local area.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I was in Portland for business. I couple of restaurants we went to were already booked so we stopped in here. None of us drink hard liquor, but we thought we would try it anyways since it is advertised as a restaurant and brewery.

There are about ten local beers on the menu. I tried one and it was terrible, the second was just okay. The food menu is very basic, sandwiches mostly.

I would not recommend this restaurant. Portland contains hundreds of restaurants to choose from.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had lunch there and were very disappointed. I had the burger which had little flavor and was overwhelmed by the roll. She had the salmon sandwich which was also blasé. Side fries or small salad were extra, we opted for the salad. They were tiny and under-dressed. We arrived early afternoon and the service was extremely slow, in spite of very few customers in the restaurant. With the dozens of wonderful options in the Old Port of Portland, this one has a lot of work to do to compare.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

So most of the breweries around Portland have samplers of their beers. This place didn't have samplers available but you can try whatever you want and then order half or full pints.