“1st Stop on our Portland Trip”

Commercial Street Pub
Ranked #297 of 642 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 25 September 2017

If you want local, this is the place, drinks are cheep and food is decent, don't be in a hurry to eat, food is SLOW......

Reviewed 22 September 2017

I looked up and down Commercial Street for a place like this. Place where locals love to sit down and watch the visitors walk by, watch some sports and news on the screen, and have a big cold beer or a quality cocktail. They knew we weren't local, but everybody was friendly, and the bartender was great. Let me try a number of local beers on tap and had good recommendations.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Found this place while my son and I were waiting for a tour to start. Decided to grab lunch as the menu was outside I thought It would be more restauranty. Note that many breweries/bars/pubs are family friendly, especially at noon on a Thursday. This place is not family friendly. We ate and went into the bathroom and when we came out the locals that were drinking there were yelling about a little boy in there. We left quickly. As many restaurants have bars, it didn't even occur to me that we would not be welcome.

I got a lobster roll it was good. The waitress/ bartender was fast.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We stumbled into this place for a quick lunch. On a busy street filled with tourists, Commercial Street Pub is a great local joint with friendly faces. Everyone seemed to be locals and about 30 years older than us. The lovely lady running the bar and serving tables was very friendly. The chairs were like office chairs with cushions and on wheels. The lobster stew was amazing!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

It was our first day in Maine and we were exploring the historic part of Portland known as Old Portland. We were quite hungry -- having left home at 4AM to get to the airport for our flight to Portland. We sort of stumbled on this place and it had good reviews on Yelp so we decided to have lunch here. This is definitely a local, neighborhood bar that caters to a lot of the locals. When we were there, I think everyone in the bar knew everyone else with the exception of us and one other group of tourists. This pub is definitely casual and is sort of a dive-bar. However, it was very clean and very welcoming.

The service was a little on the slow side since there was only one waitress who was not only tending bar but handling service for the dining area. She was hustling. The only other employee I spotted was the cook in the small kitchen.

My wife and I both had lobster rolls ($9) which were very good with fries that were excellent. The food arrived hot and was delicious.

Summary -- food was good, service was O.K. and the prices were pretty reasonable.