“Upscale Fresh and creative Seafood”
Review of Street and Co.

Street and Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Street and Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 619 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: USD 25 - USD 40
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dana St.
Reviewed 8 September 2016

We made our way into this very cute multi-level Restaurant at 9:30, just before they closed and it was still very busy and filled with diners and plenty of staff. We were sat in the main dining room with a clear view of the open kitchen. The menu had numerous seafood offerings that we had not seen at other restaurants ( Yellow Fin Tuna, Scallops, Sole, Halibut).
We had the Beet salad with warm goat cheese and herbs for a starter and it was just amazing. I ordered the Sole Francaise. It was delivered is piping hot frying pan with roasted potatoes and broccoli. The sole was made with eggwash and dredged in lightly seasoned flour and pan fried with butter. The potions size was very large and the sole was the best I have ever had. It was perfectly cooked , yet tender white fish. The potatoes were a bit over salted, in my opinion. My husband had the Whole Grilled Lobster on Liguine, with the Diavolo Sauce instead of the butter and garlic. I did not order this house speciality since our waitress told us that this was a spicy dish and i can not eat anything spicy. His meal was beautifully presented and was VERY flavorful and garlicky but not even close to spicy, in my opinion ( and i am very sensitive). This meal was a bit pricey but absolutely worth it !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,519)

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

The food & atmosphere are top of the line while in Portland Maine. Fried octopus taste divine with clams, oysters and all the sea can serve galore. The blueberry lemon pie meets the definition of super food. Come eat here!

Reviewed 5 September 2016

This place is TOTALLY worth it! I recommend that you make a reservation a few days before your trip because they fill up really quickly. It was easy to find and on a really neat street in Portland. (Lots of cute places to go after right near by!) The atmosphere of Street and Co is unique. You can see the dishes being prepared fresh and there is garlic, onions, shallots ect. hanging all around the restaurant. Everything we tried here was fresh and incredible! Some of the BEST food I've ever had. I only wish we had time to go back!!

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Street is everything you want a restaurant to be. We came on an artwalk night where Portland was hopping. We were warned that the table would be held for 15 minutes and we were not late. The service was attentive and responsive. The wine selection is especially good with low mark ups and a nice variety. Kudos on that as it encourages diners to enjoy a bottle of wine with their meal.
We (there were 4) each had different entrees and shared bites. I found the food to be excellently prepared, attractively presented and responsibly procured. Combinations of ingredients were skillful and interesting on the palate.
The ambience is fairly loud but we had a back table and could have regular conversation. The kitchen is visible to the restaurant adding a pleasant hustle and smell.
Highly recommended for friends and family.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

This establishment provides a high end eating experience in a cozy relaxed atmosphere, in the fascinating wharf district. I would call the pricing uppermost-mid-range. The food selections and wine are quite varied and quite good, including local-catch seafood. Special dietary needs are accommodated carefully and graciously. Dress code is casual mixed - ranging from business to tourist. This is a popular place, and when busy, the service can be a little slow, and it is good to make reservations well in advance, although I understand that they reserve a portion of their space for walk-ins, if you don't mind waiting. I recommend it as a delicious stop in your travels. It is worth the wait!

1  Thank DawnB_STLouisArea