“Spectacular breakfast!”

Ranked #28 of 623 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 14 June 2018

The service was a bit slow, but the food was excellent. The menu was varied and interesting. I ordered a Classic Eggs Benedict and received a crab cake Eggs Benedict by accident, but it was terrific! This café is a bit pricey, but well worth the dining experience.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Because this restaurant is so popular, reservations are not accepted. My daughter found this restaurant online, so I took my family here to celebrate their mom's birthday. Although the wait to get a table was longer than usual (the balcony was closed as it was too cold outside), the food and service make the wait worthwhile.
My son got the crabcakes eggs benedict (wonderful), we ordered the strawberry and blueberry french toast (so sweet as to not require any syrup) and my wife and daughter ordered various scrambled eggs. The OJ is not from concentrate - and it tasted fresh.
I have no complaints about this place - well-priced (in comparison to Boston, MA prices), service was attentive and the food was warm and delicious.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying, yes the wait was long to sit down, but I will recommend that you wait, it’s worth it!! Our server was awesome, explained everything and gave us tips on what to order! Breakfast was so good! I would go back and wait just to have the food again!!!

Reviewed 24 May 2018

I would have rated this restaurant as very good if judging by the food alone. However, service was almost nonexistent. Original waitress disappeared after taking orders and never reappeared. An almost half-hour wait for the food ensued; not so much as a coffee warm-up was offered during this long interval. Food temperature was bordering on lukewarm; it probably sat for awhile before being plated. Employee who brought food to table asked "if" jam and butter were wanted for English muffin rather than just bringing it. Catsup had to be requested for home fries and hash; a miniscule portion was provided. Yet a third employee, who handled the bill, was visibly annoyed when I tried to get her attention to process the payment. Not sure if I'd return on a subsequent trip to Portland.

1  Thank critiquer862
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

The place is wonderful. It was worth to walk there from Old port area. Next time we are in Portland we will definitely have breakfast there.
Cozy, has a lot of character and great service, excellent food.
I had eggs benedict with lobster, my husband had an omelet with something which looked delicious.
Highly recommend to visit.