1,076 results
All reviews armory lounge milk street steam room old port historical hotel complimentary coffee valet parking perfect location within walking distance turn down service two blocks valet service each morning hotel restaurant third floor new england shops and restaurants
Reviewed 29 March 2016

The room, the beds, the food and the help at this hotel is nothing short of perfect without including a lot of extras my husband and I don't need. The location is close to everything and the building is historical and very well kept. Could not ask for a more homey place to stay.

Room tip: Choose King bed room
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank PMP519
Reviewed 29 March 2016

The reviews were very positive, it was located in a most excellent location and so I had a good feeling about our stay. I am happy to say that it far exceeded my expectations. From the moment we arrived the staff was friendly, accommodating, and helpful. The room was beautiful (loved the use of real keys), simple but comfy. (My only warning would be that ceilings in the bathroom were surprisingly low. I'm 5'10 and couldn't raise my arms without hitting the ceiling. But it's an old building so quirks are to be expected!) Loved that staying in the hotel gave me access to the spa. I took advantage of the Jacuzzi, steam room, and fitness center. The staff in the spa was friendly and helpful. (perfect vibe for a spa) The bathrobes were heavenly and they had flip flops (which was most excellent since I failed to bring mine along).
We also had drinks and dinner in the Armory Lounge. LOVED the lounge. It really has a cool (but not like an annoying "am I dressed right" vibe). The cocktails were amazing. My friend closed her eyes every time she sipped her Espresso Martini because she said it was that good! My Blood L'Orange is pretty much my favorite drink now. Thought the prices were completely reasonable. Totally worth a stop.
We also took advantage of the complimentary tea and coffee service in the morning. Just had to call the front desk and request coffee and it was at your door in the morning. They even included yummy pastries. I was surprised when returning after a long evening out to find that our beds had been turned down with chocolates left. It's that attention to detail that will make me return. It's rare to find a place that takes pride in it's appearance, service, and customer happiness.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank abzet
Reviewed 21 March 2016

The Regency was a beautiful hotel in the heart of Old Portland. The room was clean and comfortable and reasonably priced. The hotel has a beautiful wood bar that of course sells drinks and food. Staff was very accommodating. The last minute my son asked if he could stay, and staff was right there with a pull out bed and no charge. Coffee was complimentary. We enjoyed our stay very much. I would highly recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank drrWarren
Reviewed 19 March 2016

We had stayed here years ago when we were newly married. Twenty-five years later, we were celebrating our anniversary. I had asked, both when I booked and checked in, for a quiet room. We were not only placed around the corner from the banquet hall but, the a/c died in the middle of the night and the room was 88 degrees without a/c. The wedding was full of very loud people and music. Our bed was nearly shaking with the thumping sound of it. While they got us a floor fan to use during the night, it couldn't combat such heat. My husband went down to the lobby twice to complain (he barely slept that night), nothing more was done. As we were checking out the next day (curtailed time there and moved to a much better hotel a minute away), I complained to the assistant manager. When we returned home, I even wrote a letter requesting reimbursement for such a lousy night. Never heard back anything. There is something wrong when a hotel screws up that much, doesn't lower your $300+ room and doesn't really apologize. Customer service and follow through are just not their priority.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank brithume
Reviewed 15 March 2016

Front desk personnel were very pleasant and helpful all day long.Rooms were large and very comfortable.Hotel was nicely keep and very clean. Centrally located in Old Port and easy walk to shops restaurants and waterfront. Would definitely stay again and will recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple