“Local bar with fresh local seafood”

Andy's Old Port Pub
Ranked #66 of 634 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood, Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Serving Outstanding Pub Fare from 11AM – 10:30PM Daily Andy’s Old Port Pub is a waterfront watering hole frequented by tourists, islanders, fishermen, music lovers and locals. A tricky little Pub to find. Andy’s menu includes the freshest of fish & chips; one of the best burgers in town; home made meatloaf and macaroni and cheese; salads and wraps; and pizzas that rival New York’s finest. One of the owners is vegetarian so there are always meat free options to choose from.
Reviewed 20 November 2015

A surprising gem with great fresh, locally sourced, environmentally conscious seafood options. We tried the fish and chips and the blackened fish - both were delicious. Clam chowder was also quite good. Lobster roll was outstanding - fresh, buttery, and the lobster is the focus! Reasonably priced with local beer selection.

1  Thank traveller2332

Reviewed 17 November 2015

Andy's is the first place we saw after checking into the Hilton, so we decided to take a shot and stop in for dinner. It looks a bit "sketchy" without an obvious entryway, but inside the bar is pleasant, the decor very appropriate for the maritime traditions of the area, but the food proved to be the biggest surprise of the night. My caesar wrap wasn't overly-dressed, which is unusual in itself; my boyfriend's lobster roll was so fantastic that he put down two of them (and I usually can't get him to have more than a half burger at one time). Really big surprise, really enjoyable restaurant, definitely stop in for a beer, a lobster roll, and some music.

2  Thank nicdes1388
Reviewed 2 November 2015

So happy we stopped here. I'm always nervous when visiting a town or city that I'll wind up at an overrated spot or tourist trap, and this so isn't it. Right on Commercial street in old port, the inside is nice with a relaxing atmosphere, and we had awesome lobster rolls and fried oysters and clams with good beers. Menu was great and everything looked really good. Definitely check this place out if you are in Portland for a few days/nights.

1  Thank angelique626
Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

We came by on a Monday night around 6pm, and it seemed pretty quiet inside. There were only two guys working at the time, one at the bar and one waiting tables. That worked for a little bit but once folks came in, the wait for food and our check became a bit...much (like 45 minutes each). I did get to read the menu a zillion times while I waited, though, the dill pickle soup looked quite interesting.

Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

On a cold fall day in Portland Maine we discovered andy's and we were happy we did. This place felt warm and cozy and the waiter was very informative and friendly. I had the po boy sandwich with fries it was very good to drink I had a white allagash beer also good. They have an extensive beverage menu with good beer choices. The food menu is also quite extensive everything on it looks very tasty. Prices aren't bad so if your in the area stop by.

Been to Andy's Old Port Pub? Share your experiences!