“Dinner”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The menu at Hot Suppa is all made from scratch from quality ingredients; local goods are used whenever possible. Our renowned breakfast and lunch are served seven days a week, so you can get that corned beef hash fix whenever you’re jonesing. Dinner is available five nights a week, featuring our favorite dishes, like fried chicken & a waffle,Pulled Pork Mac n' cheese, falafel salad, and Maine oysters on the half shell. We offer a full bar service if you care to relax into the evening with a Porch Swing cocktail, or recover in the morning with a spicy Bloody Mary or cold draft beer.
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I order fish tacos a great deal. These spicy catfish tacos were some of the best I have ever had. This small, charming, eclectic place was a for sure return place.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I met a friend at noon for lunch on a Tuesday. A nice table at the window was available. Our server Lauren confirmed that we could order off their impressive breakfast menu. Touch choices but we both ordered the hash with eggs and grits. It was great and this from someone who has sampled hash in many Portland breakfast spots. Another couple raved about the eggs benedict. Lauren was friendly, helpful, attentive, and invested in our enjoying our Hot Suppa experience, which we did. Thank you, Lauren.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Out of all the places we ate in Portland, this was by far the best. We went there initially because there was a $1 oyster happy hour but ended up having sauteed calamari with pickled hot peppers over grits, Nashville hot chicken, stuffed soft shell crab with andouille and crawfish, and key lime pie. Every dish was exceptionally well done. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Breakfast for four was enjoyable, mostly because of the hip vibe and friendly atmosphere. I had the chicken and waffle which, unfortunately, was somewhat disappointing. The chicken was a bit dry and overcooked and the waffle was the extra thin variety - probably better for me than the thicker style I am used to, but a little disappointing. Coffee was fine and service was terrific.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

There's no shortage of restaurants in Portland that's for sure. This one kept coming up in my food searches. Tuned out to be amazing. We went for breakfast. I had a Chicken etouffee and poached eggs. The poached eggs were perfect and the Cajun style cooked chicken was just a little spicy - just a tad. It's the first time I've had chicken with my breakfast and liked it. The hash browns are simple and what you want. I tried the homecooked corn bread and that was a winner - they grill it. And there were biscuits under the eggs and again pretty great. The wife had a egg and corned beef sandwich. The corned beef was the most tender I've ever seen by far.
The place is on the small side and it fills up, there are waits depending on when you get there. It's informal, clean and comfy. It was not cheap. Our bill was $37.00 before the tip. That was one of my all time great breakfast meals.