See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Yuck.
People are willing to pay good money for a good place to rest, especially after a long day at one of the local attractions, beach, water parks etc. However this establishment is "not" a place I would recommend to stay. It's very outdated and rundown. The doors, interior and exterior are very thin along with the walls between rooms are thin as well. The rooms look like they are from a 70's horror movie.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ChrisHall14
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

My husband Chris and I have just returned from a 4 night stay at Norman’s and really couldn’t be happier with the way we spent our money. The owner Pat is a friendly guy with great hospitality . What motel/hostel can you go to that the owner will buy you wood for a camp fire, and a drink just so you can have a good time. I am fine with spending a cheaper price on the room as long as it’s clean. And in the 2 times I have stayed there it was very clean, trust me I inspect my rooms. Staying at Norman’s helped to enhance our time at old Orchard Beach. We will be returning in the near future.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Curly S
Reviewed 1 July 2018

So I first have to say we choose NOT to stay, we booked on line, the pictures I saw were not what was reality...I should have read others reviews ...With in 2 minutes of being in the room. The smell of an outhouse urinal cakes times 100, by the way, was making not only me sick but my husband too and to be honest he has absolutely no sense of smell. Nothing usually bothers him!! At check in we were met by a man that had a terrible time hearing, ok he was an older man so no big deal, but why he had in ear plugs had me scratching my head. then while we where trying to check in some man barged into the office and asked if he could help us.. we were likre well we are checking in.. he then spoke to us as if he was owner and told us not to park where we parked as others have been run into there. Oh well thank you so much we will move asap!! while he was smoking a cigarette. I have a lung condition and breathing that in is so bad for me, let alone disrespectful to others that don't smoke... When we finally get our key my husband sends me to the room and he and my son starts to unload the car. Man after 5 hours in the car we are ready to stretch our legs and relax. (We where there due to a karate tournament our son was in the next day) I went to room and immediately was hit by this strong oder. As I looked around the room was so out dated, rust on table, I was afraid to touch anything. When my husband got to the room with the first load of stuff I said to him i dont know if i can stay here!! It was nt until he opened up the bathroom door that one my throut started to close up and Icouldnt breath and two he started gaging like he was going to throw up. I didn't get a really good look at the conditions because the smell took that away from me but from what I say on the outside when walking to the room!! My son jokes and says they were probably covering up a dead body!!!

I met my son at the door with his load of our items and told him to turn around and put the stuff right back. As i walked to the office i met the same man who tried to tell us where to park, I interrupted him talking to another guest, WHILE STILL having another cigarette in his mouth, asking him if he was a manager or owner. He of course said no probably because he saw how sick and disgusted I was. I walked into the office and still had a hard time speaking to the old man at the front desk. while trying to tell him we where not staying and we need/demanded our money back, he began to tell me it was just my asthma and how it was so hot outside, that was what was making me sick. I honestly left my husband to take care of NOT staying there, due to me almost losing my lunch on the front desk itself. We received a receipt of our refund and will check with our bank come Monday morning to confirm. I do have to tell you the pictures online are way older then what it is. Paint is different, there are no lights on the outside of doors, wire exposed. The front office is missing its porch and flowers. Pool in missing furniture and there is no car port!! There where even pictures of a grilling area but I didn't even see that. I would be honestly to afraid to look. It was called Normans Motel but it reminded me to the movie Psycho, Bates Motel!!! My son said it remined him of the horror film Vacancy, where the guests were murdered by the front desk while they slept and he even joked about a dead body in the bathroom, hence why the horrible urinal cake smell to cover it up!!!
All jokes set aside his is the last place you want to stay!!!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank d0dgechick0102
Reviewed 24 July 2017

The worst dirtiest place. Office never open. No lights on! Trix cereal on floor. 3 fuzzy t.v. channels. Pool, jacuzzi & courtyard.......what? Stained sheets & towels. Forget about calling. Only plus, the trolley! NEVER AGAIN! I could go on & on!

Room tip: Not there!
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank jtjjrw4
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We booked a room with a kitchenette, but did not get that room because our reservation said Double Room and it should have said Double Room with Double Beds how ridiculous is that!!! Even in the description box it stated kitchenette was included. Very dated I think the TV was from the 1980's and worked as such as well. Says you have WiFi, well you don't now I've used all my data and will be charged extra this month. Shower ...be prepared to wait a good 10 minutes to get some hot water then it trickles out can barely rinse off oh and once it's hot it scalds you. The cleaning lady has a real problem seemed out of it at times, I do believe she lives there in exchange for her so called cleaning! Pool is cloudy and murky would never step foot in there ever!!! Jacuzzi never even saw one but I bet it was as gross as everything else there. Not even a coffee maker in your room I mean seriously and if they forget to put clean towels in your room which they do, you may be told they can't provide them because everyone has left at 5:00 in the afternoon. DO NOT STAY AT NORMAN'S BELIEVE ME!!!!!

Date of stay: July 2017