See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We booked a room with a kitchenette, but did not get that room because our reservation said Double Room and it should have said Double Room with Double Beds how ridiculous is that!!! Even in the description box it stated kitchenette was included. Very dated I think the TV was from the 1980's and worked as such as well. Says you have WiFi, well you don't now I've used all my data and will be charged extra this month. Shower ...be prepared to wait a good 10 minutes to get some hot water then it trickles out can barely rinse off oh and once it's hot it scalds you. The cleaning lady has a real problem seemed out of it at times, I do believe she lives there in exchange for her so called cleaning! Pool is cloudy and murky would never step foot in there ever!!! Jacuzzi never even saw one but I bet it was as gross as everything else there. Not even a coffee maker in your room I mean seriously and if they forget to put clean towels in your room which they do, you may be told they can't provide them because everyone has left at 5:00 in the afternoon. DO NOT STAY AT NORMAN'S BELIEVE ME!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank timdeshunt
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Awful. Our first room was dirty. It has dried rice on the sheets. They gave me a hard time about another room. Even that one wasn't too clean. I did not feel comftorable. The cleaning lady's were smoking outside and very trashy. It was the second time I stayed there and I will never go again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Amy M
Reviewed 26 August 2016

50s style motel great for sleeping, small rooms, kind of cramped,but clean. A little ways to the beach. If walking you better allow yourself some time. If driving, your going to pay for parking weather on street or for parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank john s
Reviewed 2 August 2016

I called it that because at three o'clock in the morning, in the room next door, it sounded like someone was going to get killed. It was the voice of a man enraged. I mean at the top of his lungs and for over a half hour. His language was something out of this world. He was screaming at a woman to get out of the room and to take her clothes with her. It went on and on. I wanted to call the front office but from the sounds of things going on and the banging and thumping I wanted to call the police instead. The phone in the room does not work and a neighbor said his also does not work. I do not have a cell phone. We were afraid to even leave the room just in case we were confronted by him outside. Who knows Americans love their guns. The neighbor on the other side of them at least had the courage to leave the hotel and did not come back. We went to the office the next day to complain and they just listened to our story. one woman said that I should have gone to the room where she was staying because she lives there and she would have dealt with it. She then looked at the counter and saw that the room key was there and they left that morning. We had paid for three days and that made for one sleepless night. New people moved in the next day. Two couples, one set in each room on either side. They decided that they were going to sit on the gallery and drink. The gallery is so small and they have old chairs on it that it is hard to get by without bending over the railing. They have their cases of beer and liquor bottles on the deck and with them sitting in the chairs it was very hard to pass to get to our room in the middle. At least we could turn the tv up so as not to hear them outside our window.
As travelers we like to visit around and the room is more or less a place to sleep so the room is not that important. This room was just way too small, uncomfortably small. We had only two small suitcases and only one small place for one and a chair for the other. There was one more chair that was directly under the wall mounted television. there was a little refrigerator and a microwave one on top of the other that could be used as a table and a small dresser. if you wanted to do anything or even eat something, it would have to be done on the bed. Now as for the bed the mattress was okay and I think it was the only fairly new thing in the room. There was no cover over the box spring and it was actually disgusting. It was tan color with huge brown stains like it was picked up in a dump when it was raining and brought to the hotel. The two pillows on the bed had covers on them but I would not take a chance at looking inside the case because there were three pillows sitting on one of the chairs outside one room that were there for two days and the were even more disgusting than the box spring with stains. The television looked like it had come from a garage sale and the remote was attached to the bed by a long wire. They must be afraid someone would steal it but I think the wire attaching the remote to the bed was worth more than the remote and television combined.
The bathroom has a shower which worked fine but the toilet was another story. First the toilet seat was an old wooden one from the fifties which had been painted and needed another coat. I guess a new toilet seat cost way too much. At the back of the toilet was a block of wood I figured was to stop it from going backwards. They needed to put another one under the toilet as the floor under it was rotten. If you stand with your feet on either side, they would sink into the floor. Sitting down on the toilet meant hanging onto the sink just in case it decides to let go and you end up under the hotel. Lean on one side or the other and you can hear the water running into tank as the level changes.
The pool looked okay but I do not go to the ocean for a pool. The Jacuzzi is in a small room but getting to it means taking a walk through a dark area with broken walls, mildew smells mixed with some odors of crap mixed in.
There brochure says the beach is .06 miles to the beach but it is really a mile. We walked it quite a few times. The pier was a little more walking distance.
Our room was number 12 at the back and we thought it would be quiet as in the front there were lots of noise from motorcycles and trucks. I think I would have preferred the front.
When we booked our stay we figured that with them being a member of the Chamber of Commerce it would be okay. I guess the Chamber just get money and never looks into the hotels. They should at least have a set of standards.
At least the ocean was a surprise as the water was at 69 degrees and swimmable. It was even not crowded.
So you can see from my review that this place will never see me again and for those reading this review, well the decision is yours and just know that you may have a run of luck and it is okay but at least you are forewarned.

Room Tip: Stay away from the back
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Wayne D
Reviewed 26 July 2016

My daughter and I happened upon this mom and pop's motel after spending the evening on the beach. We stayed in room 29 at the top of the stairs and was pleasantly surprised at the room. Yes, everything was definitely dated, but the a/c worked, we had wifi, and the room was very clean. The corner shower did leak when we used it, but nothing a couple of towels didn't take care of. The beds were comfortable and we slept well!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family