See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2015

The staff that work here are friendly and wonderful people. They will do their best to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Sadly, the room that we had was not as pleasant in some ways. It seemed that people in the room next to us were always very noisy and it didn't take much for the sound to travel through the walls. The kitchenette had two burners, a small frig, a sink, microwave and toaster. Most places I have stayed with a kitchenette also had a small oven of some sort. I honestly think that either the price should be lower, or the quality should be better. However, the point of most vacations is not to stay in the motel room. If you are looking for a place to lay your head and pleasant people to deal with then this will do.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Elendilite
Reviewed 3 March 2015

Stayed during the busy season in July. The room was clean but very small. For the price and location was not to bad. Although I would not stay again. Would spend a little more for a more quality motel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Betty P
Reviewed 31 August 2014

The room was fairly clean and the location was very close to were we wanted to go but the rooms were very small and the air conditioner didn't work well enough and we didnt have any service the beds were out of shape and in my opinion they need to change the mattresses
We left one day early because it was impossible to sleep there and the fan in the air conditioner blew dust out

Btw I think the fish in the fish tank left too because they didn't like it either.
I hope they fix this and make it more ccomfortable.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank bellamaxima
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had no choice, I wanted to take my family to the beach for just a couple of days. I booked it and then read the reviews. I was really worried and I prepared myself. Well I didn't have anything to worry about. Our rooms were clean. Sheets, towels bedspreads all clean. I looked because I brought extra believe it or not. Here's the thing. Its a beach motel. They are all the same from Maine to Key West. Salt and sand wear on a place. It was comfortable, clean and the location was good. It was on the trolley line and we had no issues with the rooms. I actually made a mistake and booked a double room, I thought it had two double beds and it didn't they fixed it without a hassle and were very kind about it. It was my own mistake. They cleaning crew asked everyday if I needed more towels or anything else. The hotel is pet friendly for small animals and the there was plenty of room to walk my little dog. The Wi-Fi is pretty bad though and the traffic going up and down the stairs at night gets a little loud but it was fine.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs if you are bothered by noise from the second floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank wlhsl
Reviewed 22 July 2014

first I want to say we first went to Normans with my now 30yr stepson 22 years ago. it was a nice family place with lots of kids who LOVE THE POOL AND JACUZZI. it was not fancy then and is not now... but for a family of 4 or 6 its was great budget motel. the carpet has always been old but the kids would run from pool to room freely getting it all wet anyway. I agree the rug should be replace it is gross but again you get what you pay for where your shoes inside if you don't like it I did this time..... there are no cockroaches. and there has never been any cockroaches that I know of. the bedding is good enough to sleep in bring your own if you want. the beds are kinda weird on box type frame but I also stayed at the alloutte for a week in June to be close to the water and there beds where no better for $300.00 night which is all I am paying for.. and the pool and jacz open until 10.00pm so after the rides we take a dip before bed. in the past 3 or 4 years Norman has updated the place by painting all the rooms and outside he has added the backyard bonfire and BBQ with swings the kids love the smores we make now.. so he has done some improvements but to accomplish the whole update he would have to charge at least double. I have 2 young children now and my step son brings his 2 young children also we save money for food and games RIDES by staying at Normans so for all you bargain hunters remember YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR IN THIS WORLD. email me if you need to lilyheaven@msn.com thank you Leeann LaVigueur

Room Tip: I did ask if the ac was working before I went to the rom and it was as they said.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family