See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 October 2013

When walking into Normans motel, you instantly think of a horror movie due to the name. The room was musty, looked like it was from the 70's, and the shower still had soap in it from the previous people. The place looked dangerous with the multiple things plugged into one outlet. The bathroom was small and had a attic looking fixture above the shower. I literally thought I was going to be killed inside of the room so I went outside with some family where we saw a rat run underneath the building. I am literally appalled by this place and personally I think it should be shut down. I got no sleep because it was so sketchy, hot, and unsanitary. I would suggest you sleep in your car rather then going here if you don't have a place to stay. Its much better.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
12  Thank CRH666
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This place was gross and disgusting. Do not stay here unless u are desperate and then think hard about it. When we got there the place looked ok from outside. We checked in and went to room. The place was awful. Sink would not drain, shade over window was broken. There was dust cobwebs on the wall and when I went to complain there was no one around and no one answering phone. So would not go back ever!!!!!

Date of stay: August 2013
6  Thank andrear758
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I went in with very low expectations based on the reviews. I figured I can't be disappointed this way.

I arrived at 10 PM and the reception desk was locked up tight--literally with the lights off.
Thought this might be an indication of things to come.
Thankfully there was a door bell and after ringing it several times, Norman and family welcomed me. I actually asked if I should be concerned about the poor ratings on the internet and Norman laughed and said no. (Wrong !)

The room wasn't exactly the cleanest; AC filter had so much dirt on it, I had to remove it to clean off the grime and the ceiling fan has layers of dust on the blades.

"Stephanie S" and "SMorse333" accurately describe Norman's as "Gross" and "70's Era" etc.
The bedding was disgusting; sheets had stains (but seemed clean), pillows lumpy, blanket was all pilled and balley. The bed spread was disgusting--I won't provide detail.
The ceiling was stained from water leaks from upstairs.
The bathroom was special! To say it was small doesn't describe it. While standing at the toilet, my butt was in the shower. The sink leaked when water was on. Problem is the walls and floors beneath are soaked and presumable damaged. The towels lost their absorbency characteristics years ago. Speaking of the shower, I did not take one at the motel because there was no soap in the room. Fortunately I had access to a shower nearby.

Norman's is the kind of place that you stay at as a last option and that's basically why I and others have stayed there. Everything else was booked over the weekend. OOB was packed!
I needed just a bed for a few hours while visiting family. Thankfully I had a beach blanket in the car and a memory foam mattress topper rolled into a duffle bag that I was able to put on the bed for a decent night's sleep

I have to say I do not have an issue with the 70's decor. I do have an issue with cleanliness and general poor repair.

Ironically, this place has some interestingly good amenities; a small pool( very clean!) and spa tub available for free to guests. There's also a Microwave and fridge in the room.
However, a bucket of ice is 50 cents. For Real ! I don't get it.
Sad thing is, it would not be expensive to do some basic upgrades to put a shine back into this motel.

On a positive note, the room for 2 was only $90 (incl. taxes)

In all likelihood, if you stay here, it's because everything is booked or closed.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank HowieW W
Norman323, Owner at Norman's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Don't expect much, just lower prices triple in some cases. A Jacuzzi in a separate building for when it rains, a gazebo with table on large sundeck. The back yard with grill and picknic tables , horseshoe game and swing, arcade games. We close at 10 pm no matter if we have 1 or 10 rooms empty. This is my 41st season and I'm 80 years old. The room in question is ih the back motel which is not as modern,especially his, which we try to rent on weekends only before we renovate. Most people are appreciative after looking for a couple of hours finding nothing.. the bed is new and the bedding was clean or we would have seen him in the office. We do our best and dozens are coming back every year.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Horrible, horrible, horrible!!! Dirty Q-tips in drawers, dirty sheets (when we asked to have them changed we were told that "they looked dirty but were probably clean"), no cold water, disguisting smell, the ceiling was caving in and spider webs in the bathroom. A NIGHTMARE!!!!

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The motel from the outside looks ok...But looks can be deceiving. Our room was dingy at best. The motel room looked like something out of the 70's, our lamp had a broken light bulb in it no lights outside either. The shower curtain had mildew on it and the toilet seat was painted. I know i will never stay here again. I guess I should have wondered when Normans was the only motel in the town with rooms. Alot of college kids stay there and con artist too. We were woken at 2:45 am by someone banging so hard on our room door it actually seperated the door from the frame and then the windows where hit over and over gain. I didnot sleep that night and a chair was placed infront of the door. I called the office repeatedly but no one answered. Just a very awful palce only good thing is the water pressure in the shower other than that wondering if you are taking bugs home with you is not a good thing..I don't know how this place is BBB approved ewww!!!!!!!

Date of stay: August 2012