“So So”

Bell Buoy Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family style setting with a variety of menu items to choose from. Seafood, chicken, beef and a three course meal special.
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We arrived & were seated within a few minutes. Ordered fried calamari & clams as an app which both were very good. Ordered 2 lobster rolls that weren't so great. 2 of us ordered the 3 corse meal that was 23.99. Lots of chouces to pick from. We had stuffed mushrooms. Caesar salads & chicken tenders, all are app sizes. Our mains were seafood bake with shrimp haddock & scallops. Its was just ok. Its baked in garlic butter & the fish & scallops were slightly under cooked. Overall this place was ok but I doubt we would return or recommend.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

So disappointed in this restaurant. Was recommended by a "local" so we were looking forward to a nice dinner. My husband and I both ordered the chicken parmesan and neither one of us ate it. The chicken appeared to be boiled with mushy breading and the sauce tasted like it just got dumped out of a metal can. On a good note, my son ordered a steak and it was very good. Very expensive dinner to have 2 out of 3 bad meals.

1  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Disappointed!

We looked forward so much to our short [3 day] trip [of over 500 miles] to Old Orchard Beach in order to have some fried clams, a lobster roll, that OOB restaurants are famous for and to freeze our toes in the North Atlantic for a few moments.
Although fried clams were only $0.75 a bag when I was a pre-teen in the 1960’s, It was $17.00 + a bag this visit. Needless to say I did not buy any.
Seeing the sandwich board outside of Bell Buoy’s advertising a “Lobster Roll” for a reasonable price, we went in for lunch on a hot and humid day at the beginning of the season.
The receptionist was most cordial and showed us to a booth. We knew what we wanted and just did a scan of the menu.
Our server came and took our order but when we did not order alcohol her attitude seemed to change. [Expecting a smaller tip perhaps]
It was very hot out and we only wanted something light, like a lobster roll and water.
That is what we ordered.
Our meal arrived on a burger bun with French fries and slaw. That’s it. Not a roll…no dill.
It was tasteless and may have been canned lobster but I can’t tell for sure.
We do not use ketchup and asked for mayo for our fries…It was tossed onto our table as the server passed by.
The thing that will prevent me from ever visiting this restaurant again is: The invoice was delivered mid-meal without ever being asked if there was anything else we would like to order.
Although we left a fair pourboire [tip]…the server never returned and another employee had to take our payment.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Diffidently a hidden in plain view gem sought out by reviews and was not disappointed. Started with scallops in bacon with an amazing sweet sauce as a appetizer fantastic! My fiancé ordered fried clam strips very tasty with a generous portion. I ordered Lobster Alfredo it was very saucy and yes the sauce was good but I like my linguine a bit dryer, the lobster me tho huge chunks so soft and yummy . This goes on my list of places to eat the next time we visit old Orchard Beach!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We could tell from the moment we walked in this was a favorite of the locals which is usually a very good indication you're in the right place. The staff was pleasant, the food was good and the atmosphere was fun and vibrant. It's conveniently located and i would eat there again if I had the chance.