All reviewsbeautiful groundslittle riveroutdoor relaxationwall mounted flat screenkeurig coffee makerrocking chairsfull size bedsroom was extremely cleantrolley lineoutdoor seatingogunquit riverfootbridge beachwalk in showerfire pitwater pressurelong weekendthought of everything
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Two couples traveled together and we all thought this motel was a superlative deal.

It was absolutely clean. The rooms had homey touches that I found charming. There was lots of room to stow your stuff. We were able to hang wet stuff from the beach outside on the fence. The plug in "deoderizers" were a bit much for our group but it was easily solved by unplugging them. We were very close to a trolley stop which got us to town with no fuss and substantial amusement. Strategicly placed gazebos made great places to unwind, play cards and have morning coffee with the free paper.

The grounds added to my enjoyment. Strategicly placed

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JBeans006
Reviewed 17 August 2010

The grounds are immaculate. Rooms are comfortable, extremely clean with homey touches, comfortable beds and updated bathrooms. Quiet grassy area and patio chairs to enjoy and a nice river flowing as well. The owners are friendly and informative about the area. Reserved parking for each room. The price seemed high but we stayed during a busy weekend and just happened to stop by to see if they might have a vacancy for one night last minute as the entire area was booked. We will stay again if we are ever in the area but will make a reservation ahead of time for a better rate.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Always wanted to stay at this motel as it has beautiful grounds and within walking distance to Footbridge Beach and trolley stop.
Rooms were very well maintained, clean and front to back motel room with access to back grounds.
Staff were very pleasant.
Will recommend to friends and family. Hope to return on next visit.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank musiclilac
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Motel rooms are roomy, cutely decorated, with full baths - very clean and well-maintained. Our room had a small screened in porch in back overlooking a creek. There are nicely manicured grounds and play areas for kids. Located about 1.5 miles north of the main intersection on the trolley line, but summer traffic is so bad, I would follow the proprietress' recommendation to park near the beach and walk around.
This is a very good motel...it isn't fancy, but it is comfortable, clean, and relatively inexpensive...a very good choice for its type.
Owners were very helpful in recommending restaurants and other attractions. A good value in a high-volume tourist area.
Don't miss Congdon's Doughnuts, about four miles further north, for a terrific breakfast and - of course - amazing doughnuts...don't let the full parking lot put you off - most of the people are picking up doughnuts...there isn't a long wait for a table...the waffles are outstanding.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hmh1949
Reviewed 1 July 2009

I just had to write something about this motel as it was very different than our usual stays. First and foremost the grounds are beautiful and very well maintained. We can appreciate this as my husband and I are both very fussy about our own yard. The rooms are homey with cute touches, I especially enjoyed the candy on the pillows each morning, except for our arrival, wasn't sure why we didn't get any then. We both did not like where the TV was placed. It was on the side of the bed so it was very difficult to view especially if we were both in bed it was hard to see over the person. I can see why they are placed there because there would be no room for them as the two rocking chairs take up the space where the TV usually is in the rooms. Maybe one less chair.....I don't know... but it was awkward to say the least. Traffic noise was another issue. Late at night it was better though. swalking seagulls woke me up very early one morning..7am! Not much room in the bathroom to keep your toiletries. Lastly, I have to comment on the "rules" in the guest services book. I have to say I found these to be rather insulting and at the same time funny. It kind of reminded me of the Seinfeld episode with the "soup notsy" saying "no soup for you"! It was constant rumbling about charges for this and that with mentions of being asked to leave and being charged a large fee and "no refund" ("No refund for you!") See my connection. :) Anyway, it has it's good points and some not so good points. I was rather insulted by the way they wrote the "rules", after all, I'm a grown-up and don't especially care to be treated this way by someone I'm paying to accommodate me. So, that's my two cents. Stay if you want but beware not to break the rules! :)

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple