“One Night Away”
Review of Gorges Grant Hotel

Gorges Grant Hotel
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We love staying here. The property is spotless, the staff extremely friendly. We had a very large king size room, on the 2nd floor, room 208. It was bright, sunny and had all that we needed. My husband stayed in the jazuzzi all afternoon and I shopped. We love this property and always stay there, when we go to Ogunquit. It is only 1 1/2 hrs away, but well worth a one night away. We cannot say enough about this spectacular, well run property.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MargieandJohn

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Room was clean and large, beds comfortable, grounds pleasant, pool and hot tub adequate. The hot tub did stop working on our second night, and although we told the front desk, no one ever came to look at it. On the other hand, it was about 8:00 at night, so there probably weren't any maintenance people available. All in all, excellent hotel for a reasonable price within walking distance (about 15-20 min.) to the village and beach

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Matt B
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We have stayed here 3 times with friends, & have never found it to be in need of updating, or for anything to change. We like it just the way it is. Every time we have reserved rooms here & stayed 2-3 days we have been extremely pleased, with all the ammenities, & the ease with which we are catered to. The restaurant within the facility, makes it so easy when just waking up. The hot coffee & hot chocolate, are ready for our use, at all times, simply wonderful!! Your open computors in the main lobby are also useful, allowing us to enter our own accounts to see what's up, excellant. We will return here again this year, & probably many years to come. Staying at your wonderful resort, really helps one to relax, & slow down. We love it.

Dan & Claire - dangvg@comcast.net

Room Tip: Corner suites are large & sunny
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel in August of 2011 with my family and found it to be very attractive, clean and a wonderful breakfast restaurant with all homemade breakfast food. The rooms are very spacious and it's walking distance to the center of town and close to other activities. This was my first time in Ogunquit and I really enjoyed it. I intend to go back in August of 2012. The room rate was reasonable for the summer season. It was very New Engand looking and not a boring standard type hotel. They offer activity or restaurant packages and there is a local theatre that features very nice shows. They also have two or three other sister hotels in the same area. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I have stayed at the Gorges Grant in Ogunquit Maine many times. This last time it is really started to show some age. Room is clean but dated could use a little updating. The resort has some great ammenities like a restaurant, pool, internet access in the lobby. One little touch I love is they have a book of menu's for the local eats great little touch. I do really enjoy Rasberrie's the in house restaurant for breakfast. Try the fruit & yogurt parfee so yummy.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Melanie W
Manager449, General Manager at Gorges Grant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Gorges Grant Hotel on tripadvisor.com. We appreciate comments of any kind as we use this feedback to help us to improve our product and service.

I was happy to read that you have stayed with us many times, that your room was clean and that you enjoyed our amenities including Raspberri’s Restaurant, the indoor and outdoor pools, wireless Internet access and our local restaurants menu portfolio. I was disappointed to learn that you felt your room needed updating.

Please know that it is our goal to ensure each of our guests has a positive experience at our hotel. Falling short of this goal is simply unacceptable to me and to my team. With that thought in mind, we are currently renovating 25 of our standard rooms with the work to be completed for the 2012 season. We also offer Premium rooms that have been enhanced to include central air conditioning and heating systems, granite countertops and tub surrounds, oversized tubs and refrigerators, noise reducing double paned windows and custom cherry furniture.

Your satisfaction is important to us, and I hope this experience will not prevent you from staying with us in the future. I suspect you may have stayed in one of the rooms currently being updated. I encourage you to try us again as I believe you will find the renovations bring those rooms back to level of quality to which you have been accustomed during previous stays. You may also consider trying a Premium room. I am confident you would be happy with the experience.

I encourage you to contact me with any additional questions or comments you may have. We know that you have many choices within the Ogunquit area, and we hope that you choose to stay with us during your next visit. Thank you again for choosing the Gorges Grant Hotel.

Regards,