“Great gourmet food shop with amazing lobster rolls!”
Review of Green Spot

Green Spot
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Great lobster rolls, homemade pies, and deli goods. Stop here and eat at their picnic tables out back or have a car picnic! This is a true gem! It is a farmstand/deli/wineshop. The lobster roll has local butter and seasoning that makes it wonderful. They also have a huge selection of shop made canned goods -- jams, jellies chutney, relish.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I live in NYC but I've been to Green Spot in Oakland, Me twice in the last year and will be back! I love their fresh local foods (lobster salad, clam chowder, produce, baked items) as well their selection of nuts (from a Massachusetts roaster - best i've ever had), cheeses and more. they even gave me a cooler to transport my purchases back to NYC! Very friendly owners too - they recommended a lovely local nature walk!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I love the food but be prepared to empty your wallet. They make various salads which are delicious and their pies are awesome.

Reviewed 26 December 2016

I used to go to The Green Spot every spring because they were the first Waterville/Oakland, Maine, venue to sell freshly picked Fiddleheads, grown wild in Maine. Oddly, I actually thought I was getting a good bargain, until I encountered people selling Fiddleheads from their front lawns or in parking lots--which were all so incredibly cheaper than The Green Spot, I felt almost violated!

Fiddleheads aren't the kinds of things that one usually finds at a supermarket, but every now and again, Hanneford's and Shaw's will have them...and again, they're always cheaper then The Green Spot.

The only advantage to buying them there? The Green Spot seems to have Fiddleheads before anyone else. For myself, I've learned not to champ at the bit, and being patient for a week or so garners me huge rewards in more Fiddleheads and less money being taken from my wallet.

However, if your pockets are deeper than mine, The Green Spot should fit your epicurean needs. Just don't expect cheap or even moderate prices because they're just not going to happen.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

Fun place to stop. Very large variety of nice vegetables,cheeses and different salads. They have homemade ice creams and several baked items.May wines!

Been to Green Spot? Share your experiences!