“Simply wow!”

Green Spot
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

9 of us "dropped in" about an hour before they were closing. They were so wonderful and helpful and accommodating. It turned into a major feast at their picnic tables out back. Seafood, salads, bakery items, pickles (oh the pickles), drinks, EVERYTHING was just terrific.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

This place is amazing! We were in Maine for the weekend visiting family and staying down the street. Our front desk agent suggested we go to this place for some yummy lobster rolls. She was RIGHT! I have had my fair share of "lobstah" rolls, however this was the BEST I have ever had! The ladies working at this hidden gem were so lovely and nice- we bought some apples for our toddler boys, some yummy coconut macaroons, their tomato mozzarella salad- which was so fresh, and their potato salad was yummy (and different!). However, those lobster rolls were amazing. They didn't lie when they said they don't add any fillers, all we got was a toasted bun (the bun itself was amazing) filled with chunks of lobster meat with a light mayo dressing. This was my husband's first time having a lobster roll and he was blown away!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

They have a wide selection of produce (not a price in sight, however!) and wonderful baked goods. Great cheese - a gourmet market. But the prices! I get it - they are on the way out of Waterville to the lakes but that should not preclude locals from shopping there. I have also been disappointed in the quality of some of their produce - seemed to have stayed on the shelf a bit too long.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Okay, they have a limited menu. This place is like a road side grocery. The lobster roll is the best I have ever had. They also serve cold salads. I have had the bean salad and their pasta salad. The place is owned and operated by a couple if sisters. Good folks. They make the food and it tastes great. If you are staying in the waterville area or just passing through, you definitely should drop in.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

If you favor fine wine, superb cheeses, true French baguettes, homemade gelato, pies, breads, dips, meats, produce and more, the Green Spot is what you have always dreamed of finding. Tanya and Brenda have satisfied countless gourmet cravings and will be happy to guide you with lobsters or any of their other tasty extravagances. It is your vacation, right. You deserve the best.

Been to Green Spot? Share your experiences!