Augustus Bove House
Lakeview Inn(Naples)
USD 206
USD 184
Maplewood Inn & Motel(Casco)(Great Value!)
USD 158
Highland Lake Resort(Bridgton)(Great Value!)
USD 177
USD 132
USD 194
USD 189
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 211/night.

Poland Spring Resort(Poland Springs)
USD 108
  • Breakfast included
Hampton Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
USD 141
USD 111
USD 105
USD 119
All reviewslong lakenew ownersfresh fruitb and bsmall cottagegreat hoststhe main housebed and breakfastsummer campfirst floorfront lawnfrench toastspent nightsnew englandthis past weekendlake viewperfect location
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Great location if you need a nice clean place to stay in Naples. We rented 3 rooms for the holiday weekend, without any combined discount offer extended (even though I asked) Very Clean Rooms with simple country style touches, and considerate toiletries in the rooms. First Floor suite is the best room by far, other rooms . I recommend calling first and ask very specific questions on the rooms. Front or back of the house, size of bathroom - otherwise some bathrooms are just way too small.Also, all 3 showers had issues. This place has such great potential, and I really hope the new owners will make a greater effort to embrace a true B&B warmth. A warm welcome greeting, to new arriving guests with Hot cider brewing, homemade biscuits or pastries and an embrace like you just arrived at grandma's house .
Unfortunately, I must admit, the breakfast as well is a work in process. But there is a nice little restaurant around the corner and they have great omelets. All in all, we appreciated the accommodations - although on average $175-$225 nite was not a gift, but there is truly no B&B traditional warmth here yet.....best of luck to you both

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Lovely B and B run by Carole and Dennis. Clean, comfortable, convenient. Open year-round. Great location across from the lake and walking distance to several restaurants and sites. Carol and Dennis are super hosts. Wonderful breakfasts.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Dennis_and_Carol-ABH, Owner at Augustus Bove House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you so much. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for highlighting our location and breakfasts

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We have stayed at "Augustus Bove House" in years past and have found our hosts to be wonderful, gracious and friendly. The rooms were tastefully decorated and the cabins were outstanding. This was our usual choice, as this provided not only comfortable accommodations for us, but also for our two dogs, Marley and Sophie, who always travel with us. We always have our dogs bathed and groomed, prior to traveling when on vacation.
Today, I called to make reservations to stay and when the owner answered I asked if one of the cabins was available and was told that it was, but, when I mentioned that our dogs would be staying with us, the cabin suddenly became unavailable. He said that "Augustus Bove House" is NO LONGER PET FRIENDLY!!! He said that he had good reasons for having made that decision. When I asked him what his reasons were, all he could come up with was, "Some people have allergies." I wonder about the years of accommodating guests with pets. Does he think that changing policy will somehow erase all signs of pets having stayed there? Many people have stayed there, because of the pet friendly status.
Don't get me wrong, the owner was polite but firm. It's his place and he can run his B&B any way he chooses. I just don't see how turning away business is good for the bottom line

Room Tip: They are all good. Leave your pets at a boarding facility. They are no longer welcome!!!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank _hanlejohn
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Visited Augustus Bove House August 10-13 with 5 women friends (all seniors) attending a nearby summer camp reunion for the weekend. The host family is wonderful; breakfast is plentiful and terrific; location is perfect; rooms are vintage but much more than adequate; property is wonderful; suggestions for what to do locally were very helpful. Can't say enough wonderful things about the experience. Would come back again in a minute.

Room Tip: Spend time on the patio and lawn. Save room and time for the sumptuous breakfast. Buy the jams for sale: homemade.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The Augustus above House is a great reasonable, historic Bed and Breakfast to stay while getting away for a nice vacation. My husband Mark and I were able to stay in the nice homey small cottage with the inclusion of my dog snickers who was very excited to finally come with us on a trip. The small cottage had a coffee maker, fridge, and even a microwave! Not only were the owners (Carol and Dennis) kind and welcoming but provided a great breakfast which we enjoyed on the spacious porch. Mark is allergic to a few things which the kitchen crew was very aware of and went out of their way to make sure he was not receiving the wrong foods. There was great choices for breakfast as in omelettes and pancakes that were very well made! I was happy to find their delicious homemade jellies and maple syrups for sale making great gifts for my family! The B&B is also in a great location with the stores on the causeway in waking distance that made a nice sunset stroll.

Thank you Carol and Dennis for a great stay! I am very excited to come back again next summer!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple