Book In Advance

from USD 32.00
from USD 26.00
from USD 58.00
2,759 results
All reviews angkor wat da nang vietnam war tour guide worth a visit bomb craters private car early in the morning sunrise tour ancient ruins half day tour entrance fee restoration work boat trip champa kingdom cham culture on site
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Quite fascinating to learn about the history of this site. What’s left of the Champa temple ruins are beautiful. There is also a traditional dance performance, so check the times on those.

It does get crowded with tourists.

Bathrooms at the entrance. You are taken in by a cart further into the site and then you walk to different temple group sites. There are many places to sit along the way in case you need to rest or get too hot. Snacks and drinks available for sale.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My Son was a huge city of the Champa Empire. It was still a huge city being restored until the end of the 60's. But then war happened and most of the buildings were completely destroyed. From the original 71 temples you will find less than 10 still up. There are some restoration going on now and hopefully My Son will revive its best days. But today is a 2 hour visit at most.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We visited My Son, about 10 in the morning, with our guide, its 40km from Hoi An.
My Son dates from the 4th -13th century, and was a Cham Religious Centre devoted to the Hindu gods, set in a lush jungle valley.
My Son has been destroyed by time and war, it lay neglected for many years, only to be discovered by the French in 1898, the most recent damage was in the Vietnam/American war, only 20 structures survive, there may have been around 70 temples at one time, My Sons next challenge will be the amount of tourists, visiting the sight.
We enjoyed our trip, and our guide was very informative.
When you arrive at the site, park your car, then a short walk, then on to a buggy, to tmain sight, there is also a shot film about the history, but it can get a bit busy.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Visited in the afternoon and was just like a post card. Our guide provided great detail on the history which was great! Lovely walk!

1  Thank GraceP1285
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The weather was cool when I was there and it was pretty nice to have a walk and visit such an important historical site. However, be careful with the woman from the ticket counter. She gave me the wrong change on purpose when I bought the tickets.