“Great plan close to Hoi An”
Review of My Son Sanctuary

Private Tour: My Son Day Trip from Hoi An
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Duy Xuyen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The remains of the kingdom of Champa, which flourished from the 2nd to the 15th century.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We hired a motorbike and we drove there easilly. It's a nice plan to spend half a day close to Hoi An. I wouldn't recommend going there with a tour as it would be too crowded, it's nicer to explore on your own.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,609)
All reviews
in 34 reviews
"on site"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Quite fascinating to learn about the history of this site. What’s left of the Champa temple ruins are beautiful. There is also a traditional dance performance, so check the times on those.

It does get crowded with tourists.

Bathrooms at the entrance. You are taken in by a cart further into the site and then you walk to different temple group sites. There are many places to sit along the way in case you need to rest or get too hot. Snacks and drinks available for sale.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My Son was a huge city of the Champa Empire. It was still a huge city being restored until the end of the 60's. But then war happened and most of the buildings were completely destroyed. From the original 71 temples you will find less than 10 still up. There are some restoration going on now and hopefully My Son will revive its best days. But today is a 2 hour visit at most.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We visited My Son, about 10 in the morning, with our guide, its 40km from Hoi An.
My Son dates from the 4th -13th century, and was a Cham Religious Centre devoted to the Hindu gods, set in a lush jungle valley.
My Son has been destroyed by time and war, it lay neglected for many years, only to be discovered by the French in 1898, the most recent damage was in the Vietnam/American war, only 20 structures survive, there may have been around 70 temples at one time, My Sons next challenge will be the amount of tourists, visiting the sight.
We enjoyed our trip, and our guide was very informative.
When you arrive at the site, park your car, then a short walk, then on to a buggy, to tmain sight, there is also a shot film about the history, but it can get a bit busy.