“Beautful Setting, Awesome Concerts”
Review of Franco Center

Franco Center
Ranked #9 of 12 things to do in Lewiston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

My friends and I went to the Franco center to see Mozart's Requiem. The symphony, The Soloist, the chorus, the setting,.... I can't say enough. It was a wonderful event the facilities are great The Refreshments at intermission are delectable. It's the second time I've been to the Franco Center this year and I will be back. I want to bring my husband next time! It is so great. Parking is across the street in a parking lot that does charge $5 for some events. You do not need to park on the street. St. Mary's Church turned into the Franco Center when it was decommissioned. It's a wonderful place to hold events. The history of the building, it's just awe inspiring it's beautiful. This sound that it creates is great. I really recommend this place for concerts.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Attended the Maine Music Society Mozart concert last weekend at the lovely Franco Center. The venue is lovely and provides a wonderful historical backdrop to the amazing orchestra and chorus. The Franco Center has many artifacts for all to see. There are many other events including dances, concerts and the mid-coast symphony.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Amazing concert venue! This refurbished church is now a performance hall and they have events all the time. I can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

We enjoyed our visit here very much. There are a lot of old artifacts and treasures from the past. These people are definitely interested in keeping the french culture alive in the city and around Maine. Mitch was particularly informative and showed us a video that was made and depicts a good background of the Canadians coming to Maine.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Went to a Maine dance presentation this past Saturday night. Although about half had some dance talent, the program added in so much of their liberal political undertones, I found the event a waste of the $15 cost. They should have paid you to be there if you have to put up with the public display of political messages.
Then the skits that weren't political had senseless themes. It was like watching the old movie "She Is All That".