“Terrific atmosphere and food”

She Doesn't Like Guthries
Ranked #16 of 113 Restaurants in Lewiston
Price range: USD 6 - USD 10
Cuisines: American, Diner, Soups
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

I was staying at a nearby hotel and decided to take a walk before dinner. I spotted Guthries as I came along Main Street and Middle Street.

As you walk in, it has a nice friendly and comfortable feel to it.

You order at the counter. Their menu has plenty of healthy options as well as a decent beer selection.

I ordered a nice local IPA on draft along with a grilled mushroom and artichoke salad. Both were excellent.

Definitely a nice find. I will tell my co-workers about this place.

Super friendly service.

1  Thank ct-cruisers

Reviewed 25 February 2017

I took my mom, and she easily found something on the menu (a wrap) that she liked. The casual atmosphere, friendly service, and simple, yet inspired and delicious menu will have me returning!

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 12 January 2017

We had a variety of sandwiches which came with chips and pretty much tasteless salsa. We joked that this was obviously good for us, based on the adage, "if it tastes good it must be bad for you." I really wish I liked this place better. Definitely fresh, quality ingredients at a reasonable price and with reasonably sized portions in an OK artsy setting. Just not much taste to it.

1  Thank brian_va
Reviewed 12 December 2016

The story-telling events on the second Thursday's of the month are a wonderful experience. People tell stories along a format and theme. It is wonderful to experience story telling from such a variety of divers personal experiences.

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I were staying overnight in Lewiston, and found this place. Loved it! The largely salad and healthy fare (with a "Mexican" emphasis) belie a limited menu, but is it ever tasty! My wife had the "Super Food" salad with added (for $1.95!) chicken, I had the ground beef quesadilla. It was great. The salsa was one of the tastiest I ever had (not spicy), and the Mexican is not really Mexican, in that the basic product is ostensibly Mexican, but it is not spicy, but rather very tasty and made with health conscious ingredients like spinach tortilla wraps, back beans, brown rice, etc. I was skeptical that it would be good...but I was clearly wrong. This is an assuming place - you go in, look at the menu and place your order, then pay and find your seat. Friendly staff. Very casual atmosphere.

1  Thank Ken_Blanchard