“Food is hit & miss”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main (202)
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We were in town for a performance at Bates and picked this place for our special night out. Party of 8. Wait staff was very attentive. Our waitress Ashley was excellent. My steak Au Poivre was the worst cut of beef I have ever been served. I tried cutting pieces off the edges but could not cut through this medium rare cut of beef. No apologies from the chef. Ashley apologized but could only offer a free dessert. The escargot was sweet but there was nothing in the description on menu that sounded sweet. Father in law was disappointed with this escargot. I would not go back.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

We went last night before a local show and were very impressed. She ordered the filet mignon which was cooked perfectly and had a. Ice presentation. I ordered the Steak au Poivre which was a pepper seasoned steak with a cognac sauce which melted in my mouth. The beer selection was decent with some local brews. The atmosphere was nice and had a romantic tone to it.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We had a 2 couples dinner. Appetizer were nice even though portions weren too small. Main courses very weak: beef just boiled despite the very marketed oriented description, chicken tasteless... not a great expierience. Last but not least: take a look of the check! They came with an overcharge of rmb 400... a mistake ?

Eric A, Owner at Fuel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Cesar,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Obviously we take our business very seriously, and try to get better at what we do every day. I am concerned about your bill. If there was an overcharge I am here to help and make it right. We want to make sure you were charged appropriately.

Eric Agren

Reviewed 27 September 2017

we went for the first time and ordered at the Bar because we were early and they offered for us to sit at the bar and order a drink until they opened at 5pm. our bar tender is extremely friendly, but we were sadly disappointed with the food. my burger was not cooked and was send back to the kitchen to be cooked more. came back and the burger is now dry on the outside and raw on the inside. could not eat... we will not go back.

Eric A, Owner at Fuel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Anthony K,

I believe I remember the night you came in, and we certainly apologize for delivering your burger to you undercooked. Obviously we don't like to see this happen and we do everything to make sure we attempt to make things right.

I had asked the bartender, Becca, to comp your meal in full so you would not have to pay for it. I am hoping that happened.

Can you let me know if you were charged anything for your meal?

Thank you for letting us know, we apologize, and appreciate your feedback.

Eric Agren
Owner

Reviewed 2 September 2017

I dont know how many times we came to Fuel but its never bad, we always have a personable wait person and the food is always amazing. Steaks are some of the best around and their pairing is spot on. Love Fuel

1  Thank Anna B