“Charming cafe but grumpy staff”
Review of Orange Cat Cafe

Orange Cat Cafe
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Kingfield
Reviewed 11 January 2017

I don't know how you can work in such a cool, eclectic, charming place and be so grumpy! I've been here several times. The food is pretty good. Today, I ordered a soup - which was good but barely warm. The ladies were so grumpy I was reluctant to ask for it to be reheated. The wrap that I ordered was very loosely wrapped, so it came undone and was mostly lettuce. The theme of the cafe is around a yellow cat who is very sweet and friendly. But the ladies who work there are incredibly grumpy and unpleasant. Maybe it's because I'm not a local - not sure. I would also note that the prices are pretty high: two half sandwiches, a cup of soup, a bowl of soup and a coffee totaled $22.00. Although I love the vibe of the place and I like to support local, small businesses, I won't be returning.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

I had a sweet potato corn chowder here that I can't stop thinking about. All the breads and baked goods are made in house. There is a focus on local, organic, sustainable ingredients. The service is laid back and friendly. The prices are fair. So many things to look at-the whole place is a work of art and strikes me as a labor of love. If you have ever fantasized about owning a little restaurant somewhere, this place will bring those fantasies roaring back to life.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

The berry muffins are incredible. Her homemade breads are incredible. The coffee is locally roasted, like down the street local. This is not fast food, if it's busy it's worth the wait. Made to order. Just relax in a fun and homey atmosphere. Lunch is great too, and try the chocolate chip cookie.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

This cafe has some of the best food and THE BEST owners of any place I have seen so far in Maine. They make you feel like part of the family. They have art pieces for sale (made by local artists) and a resident cat who likes to eat muffins. Highly recommend this one.

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Went in for a sandwich to go...chicken ceasar wrap. The girl at the counter asked if I wanted chips or a side of pickled cucumbers...I assumed it was included in the price but after paying found out it wasn't. The sandwich was $9 and a tiny shot glass side of cucumbers were $2. A bit pricey for just an ok sandwich.