“It was ok”
Review of Turnpike Motel

Turnpike Motel
Ranked #12 of 14 Kennebunk B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 September 2015

We stayed here for one night to visit Bentleys. The hotel was easy access to route 95 and wasn’t too far from Bentleys. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and we paid a lot less than the other hotels. The only complaint I have is the awful smell in the front lobby. It was overwhelming and unpleasant. If you need to lay your head for one night, this is the place.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 September 2015

For such a inexpensive rate, in the Kennebunks, I was very skeptical about what I would get for a room and I must say, I was most pleasantly surprised! The woman at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. I do travel often and usually stay at well known hotels and so am savvy about room security. I was impressed by the keyless entry system for the rooms. The room itself was clean and comfortably furnished, although the bathroom was a bit dated with a very small mirror (difficult for applying makeup) and small. I stayed in room 3, which had a king sized bed, a and a breakfast bar. This room also has a coffee maker, a microwave, and a small fridge.
The motel itself is directly off the Maine turnpike Northbound exit/entrance and so is very convenient for those traveling through, needing a place to spend the night.
This motel is closer to West Kennebunk than to Kennebunk itself but with the size of Kennebunk being what it is, that difference is negligible. This motel would be a good base from which to explore the area, for those on a budget. The beaches and Kennebunkport are a 15-20 minute drive, Portland is about a 30 minute drive.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2015

We were lucky to get a room on Labor Day Weekend, we were there only one night but our stay was very nice. The room was very clean and the women at the front desk spoke broken English but we managed to communicate just fine, she also gave us a choice of rooms which I liked. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Stayed on the first floor, was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra P
Reviewed 8 September 2015

I booked this place last minute and did not have any other options. It was cheap and I said to myself, hey its a roof over my head and its just for two days….what a disapointment! Staff was super friendly but room was old and dingy. Dirt and grime on the doors, chairs, walls. A/C not clean. Full of dust as if it wasn’t cleaned or dusted for many weeks. I was afraid to turn it on and the dust would just fly everywhere. Many occupants were bikers and woke us up partying till 1 :00-2 :00am. It appears like there is appartments upstairs for long stay guests and its mostly bikers. Very noisy. The atmosphere was depressing and sad. We stayed out as much as we could, we wanted to spend as less time as possible at the hotel. If only they would renovate and charge more, maybe it would change the type of guests to stay there. Will NOT return…ever!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2015

I was driving to catch a ferry very early in the morning, when I realized I forgot a towel, with no stores open before the ferry left I thought to stop in a hotel and ask if I could buy one. Sally gave it to me, with a smile on her face. That kindness meant alot to me, Thanks Sally.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo