See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2015

For such a inexpensive rate, in the Kennebunks, I was very skeptical about what I would get for a room and I must say, I was most pleasantly surprised! The woman at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. I do travel often and usually stay at well known hotels and so am savvy about room security. I was impressed by the keyless entry system for the rooms. The room itself was clean and comfortably furnished, although the bathroom was a bit dated with a very small mirror (difficult for applying makeup) and small. I stayed in room 3, which had a king sized bed, a and a breakfast bar. This room also has a coffee maker, a microwave, and a small fridge.
The motel itself is directly off the Maine turnpike Northbound exit/entrance and so is very convenient for those traveling through, needing a place to spend the night.
This motel is closer to West Kennebunk than to Kennebunk itself but with the size of Kennebunk being what it is, that difference is negligible. This motel would be a good base from which to explore the area, for those on a budget. The beaches and Kennebunkport are a 15-20 minute drive, Portland is about a 30 minute drive.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2015

We were lucky to get a room on Labor Day Weekend, we were there only one night but our stay was very nice. The room was very clean and the women at the front desk spoke broken English but we managed to communicate just fine, she also gave us a choice of rooms which I liked. I would stay there again.

Room tip: Stayed on the first floor, was very quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra P
Reviewed 8 September 2015

I booked this place last minute and did not have any other options. It was cheap and I said to myself, hey its a roof over my head and its just for two days….what a disapointment! Staff was super friendly but room was old and dingy. Dirt and grime on the doors, chairs, walls. A/C not clean. Full of dust as if it wasn’t cleaned or dusted for many weeks. I was afraid to turn it on and the dust would just fly everywhere. Many occupants were bikers and woke us up partying till 1 :00-2 :00am. It appears like there is appartments upstairs for long stay guests and its mostly bikers. Very noisy. The atmosphere was depressing and sad. We stayed out as much as we could, we wanted to spend as less time as possible at the hotel. If only they would renovate and charge more, maybe it would change the type of guests to stay there. Will NOT return…ever!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2015

I was driving to catch a ferry very early in the morning, when I realized I forgot a towel, with no stores open before the ferry left I thought to stop in a hotel and ask if I could buy one. Sally gave it to me, with a smile on her face. That kindness meant alot to me, Thanks Sally.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2015

I stayed here for one night. The room they gave me was nicely done, the bathroom was outdated but who cares, everything worked fine. I can tell they have done a lot of remodeling recently, so I wouldn't rely to much on older reviews! Beds were comfy and the room was really clean. AC worked great!! The room also had a mini fridge, coffee maker with free coffee, TV with remote. It is true that the owner does have a heavy accent and is a bit hard to understand, but she is very friendly and helpful. My only complaint with the place is the proximity to the Turnpike, I mean the rooms are literally 100 feet from the turnpike it's self in the back and the entrance to the pike is a couple hundred feet away, in the front. So, it is a bit noisy at times. I simply turned the TV on low to drown out the noise and slept great. They have done a beautiful landscaping job, with flowers, picnic tables and grills on the front lawn. Beautiful building. Personally, I would stay there again!

Room tip: Basically most motels in this town are going to be a bit noisy, as this is a big tourist destination
Date of stay: July 2015