See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

This is an older motel where you drive up to the room and use a key to get into the room, but it is clean and well kept. The manager was friendly and very helpful. He recommended two places for us to go for dinner. The bathroom was larger than some chain hotels we have stayed in. Definitely worth the money for a nice stay. Highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 23 October 2015

Stayed in Stardust many times en route from Quenec to NY. Owner extremely nice - even had us park our 17' canoe in front of his office for extra security. We did not find location on road a problem - motel is set back. Rooms clean, efficieny and as another mentioned, love having a real room key!

Will reserve here again this month if it works in trip schedule.

Found the Stardust when children and I pulled over after dark in a churchyard on 1A
to map check - a state trooper stopped to see if we were in trouble and then asked if we had place to stay - he recommended the Stardust which is near the trooper office!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2015

If you are heading north on IS-95 in Maine and do not want to end up in Canada, you will have to stop in Houlton, Maine for a place to spend the night. Basically, there is nothing between Bangor and Houlton.
I cannot remember the last time I had to use an actual key to get into a hotel or motel room. You do here. You get one key and it has that old plastic thing with your room number on it. Unlike the plastic keys used today, you know the key issued to you is going to work. Basically, it's fun.
We have twin beds. I have yet to venture into my bed. My wife is already in hers and has not screamed because some critter has crawled out from between she sheets or from under the bed. I do believe we will survive the night.
Price wise, it is a bit steep. But then again, where else can we go? Everything else is full. Everything else is the same caliber as the Stardust.
It's time to hit the shower and then the sack. I'm looking forward to sacking out in the retro bed directly behind me. Ya know what? I'd stay here again. I'd even make reservations.

Room Tip: Our room, as all rooms face the main highway.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2015

I am presently staying at the Stardust Motel, a 3 night stop. I am very satisfied with this place! I have been travelling the northeast this summer, to escape the HEAT of south fla. this motel is as good as any bnb, hotel, or motel in which I have stayed.
the owner?/manager was extremely friendly, talkative, and informative during my check-in.
the room is very clean. ample towels. lots of hot water with great pressure. AC/heat if needed (not), beds firm, with nice sheets, blankets, and comforters. sure, not my electric, vibrating bed at home....but im not home!!
large flat screen tv with 200+ channels, and a small fridge.
true, no coffee maker, but if you need coffee that badly, sleep at a Starbucks! there is a Tim Hortons just down the road!
yes, it is close to the highway, but so are the other motels in town. try a noise machine or close the windows and turn on the fan if you are a light sleeper.
for the money, and the location so close to I95 and rte 2, you can't beat the STARDUST MOTEL!!! like the name, the place is right out of the 60's!
would return again, if in area.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2015

The owner was rude. The motel was shabby and not up to date not even a coffee dispenser in the room. The bed was hard as a rock and not comfortable to sleep on.
Had no other place to stay as the other two motels were filled up so kind of force put
to stay there for the night,actually two nights, first and last.

Room Tip: If you want a good room DON'T STAY THERE!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family