“LOVE”

Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Slates is my family's go to special occasion restaurant. We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, family loss days etc here. It has a special magical quality about it that keeps us returning year after year. Great inventive food, wonderful service in a quaint setting, what more could you ask for?

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Bought a peach ginger scone, a ginger cookie, and a giant date square. Very good. Wish the goth girl behind the counter was a little friendlier, but she did her job, so whatever.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Went to Slates recently to celebrate a friend's birthday. Loved the warm, comfortable decor. The staff was welcoming and inviting, courteous and attentive. The food was good and arrived quickly. A very fun, positive experience. Definitely worth checking out.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Read good reviews so we stopped in. Very simple, easy review.... 10 out of 10. Bloody Mary was spot on as were chicken pot pie and service. Very nice spot for lunch and will make a point to return.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I grew up in the area and always make time for a stop on my visits back home, usually for Sunday brunch. It was busy, so we had a bit of a wait, but it was well worth it. My fiancee and I started with "dessert" by sharing a chocolate-raspberry scone, delicious. I had the crab cakes (which had a little cumin, a nice twist) and Caesar salad. He had a fluffy omelette perfectly cooked with seasoned potatoes and homemade wheat toast, all wonderful. It's always one of the highlights of my trips home.