“Breathtaking Views!”
Review of Moosehead Lake

Moosehead Lake
Ranked #1 of 24 things to do in Greenville
More attraction details
Owner description: Maine's premier lake region offers great outdoor recreation and sports, including fishing, hunting, mountain biking, canoeing, hiking, and "flightseeing" by seaplane.
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We rented 2 canoes from the Northeast Guide Service for a 5pm canoe tour of Moosehead Lake. The reason the tour was so late in the day, is because much like the deer in NY, the moose are on the move at dusk and dawn. The timing gives you the best chance at seeing a moose. A tour guide drove us up to the lake and we split up into 2 canoes, I think it was a 3 person maximum per canoe. The tour guide was in one canoe with me and my youngest son, while my 2 older boys and husband followed us in the second canoe. It was great to go in the tour guides canoe because he did all the paddling (although, for some that is half the fun).

The views were insane, as you can see from the picture (I have more pictures on my website,contact me if you are interested)! The lake was so calm and smooth that it was surreal. It literally had a mirror image of everything around the lake, every tree, every cloud…it was a sight to be seen! Unfortunately, we did not get to see a moose that day. That was disappointing, but overall we had a great day!

3  Thank FamFunActivities

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The food was winter hearty and most creative. I wonder how many dishes were prepared ahead and frozen. The clafouti and the haddock were dry. The salads could be smaller. The chili was delicious.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My sweetheart camped at Moosehead Lake 50 years ago. So when we decided to vacation in Maine, he was very excited to have this opportunity to walk down memory lane. Although we did not participate in any of the activities (fishing, hunting, hiking, etc.) that visitors to the region usually participate in, we thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the area. The lake and surrounding woods are beautiful. It was the most peaceful, tranquil, and relaxing portion of our vacation.

1  Thank OUTCRUISIN2610
Reviewed 14 October 2013

One of the most scenic lakes in the US. Magnificent scenery with miles of undeveloped shoreline. Stunning, unless you are a city person who needs crutches

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Moosehead Lake is Beautiful. There are lots of shops to browse in and the best place in the world for Breakfast is Auntie Em's