“An Oasis of food and hospitality”
Review of Blue

Blue
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Georgetown
Price range: USD 20 - USD 38
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual elegant dining with stunning ocean views on the Midcoast of Maine. Cocktails in our cozy bar or on amazing wrap around porch with amazing ocean views.
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

What a lovely setting! Pleasant staff, a comfortable porch for predinner cocktails. A very nice menu featuring local seafood. AND it is pretty much the only place between Five Islands and Bath where you can get a good meal. Blue is worth a drive.

There are newer reviews for Blue

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Eve and Dick went out of their way to make me welcome. The bartender was attentive, and the others eating at the bar were congenial. My spinach appetizer was great, and the view of boats with people arriving for dinner kept us watching through the wide windows. Others were eating/drinking on the wide porch. The waitstaff was cheerful and friendly The grounds are lovely - what a great place in Georgetown, Maine!

1  Thank barbcarpenter
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Ocean view and delectable meals. Friendly, professional, accommodating staff. Daily specials provides variety of meal choices.

1  Thank D L
Reviewed 20 May 2017

From the start, our experience was exceptional. We were greeted by the owners of the Inn, Eve and Dick and immediately felt comfortable. We began with cocktails on the porch which overlooks the ocean. The view is simply breathtaking. I enjoyed a baby shrimp appetizer while my wife had a polenta dish which was fantastic. I elected to get a wedge salad which normally is accompanied by a creamy garlic dressing, but the chef accommodated my dietary restrictions with just the right amount of a tasty olive oil and vinegar dressing. Instead of the usual few bits of bacon, my salad was overflowing with applewood bacon pieces. My wife had the lamb special which was delightful while I opted for the beef which the chef once again adjusted to accomodate my dietary restrictions. Both main meals were fabulous. My meal was capped with a lovely tawny port and great tasting coffee. My wife and I often dine in Portland and enjoy eating food that is well prepared and delicious. Our dining experience at Blue was every bit as good as our favorite restaurants in Portland. We highly recommend making the trip to Georgetown. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

We are lucky enough to live 'stumble distance' from this wonderful restaurant and don't get here often enough. The food is locally source, creatively prepared and service is terrific.