“Great atmosphere and service”
Review of A1 Diner

A1 Diner
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Gardiner
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 21 February 2018

At first it seemed like your basic diner menu options, but then I took a look at the specials menu and was pleasantly surprised. The server gladly referred to recipe cars when I asked about ingredients and happily answered my questions and made recommendations. Food came out fast and well prepared.

1  Thank Samantha L

Reviewed 30 January 2018

The ambience alone is worth a visit, but even more important, the food is outstanding. Try the lamb stew, pie, pudding, salad or even a a Po'boy; it's all good, excellent coffee, too. I stop every time on my visits to my brother Down East.

1  Thank Nancytp
Reviewed 21 November 2017

I grew up in NJ, and NJ is full of Diners. I had heard of the A1 but i love about an hour away so I have not had the opportunity to eat there. Now that i have i have to say, I really like the place. The inside is all original stainless and blue, black and white tile with wood. a counter on one side and small booths on the other side. I got a Haddock sandwich with fries. but it was hard to choose, many of the specials sounded unique and my mother got a grilled cheese with caramelized onions and bacon and avocado, which was one of my other choices, they both were good. We also got an order of onion rings, which were also good. great atmosphere and food. attentive waitstaff too, our drinks were filled without ever having to ask.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

The A-1 Diner is a favorite of the local community. The diner looks like an old trolley car and the ;interior is in keeping with the theme. The place is quite small and the staff is quite friendly. You will get the old standards one may think of as home cooking, but the surprises of some unique dishes included on the menu are unexpected fare. Small and friendly, but do not go in if you are in a rush as the cook never is! I was a local for eight years, so I was not on a trip, but I would go there to meet friends for breakfast or dinner with my husband. I moved in October so did visit one last time in September!

1  Thank Marsha C
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Had a quick bite to eat here. Both of us had the Bleu cheese burger. Good flavor to burger, Bleu cheese very good served on pretzel bun, which we both liked. Chocolate chunk toffee cookie was excellent.

2  Thank HAYDEVIN

Been to A1 Diner? Share your experiences!