All reviews the river carriage house driving range pete sandi the pub great hosts my husband and i beautiful property every morning the main house walking trails private deck new owners made us feel last weekend lexington suite limited menu
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We had a great time staying at the Old Saco Inn. The hosts, Sandi and Pete are gracious and friendly. Breakfast was delicious. We stayed in the Mt. Washington room, views of the river, mountains and the property were beautiful. The location is great, secluded near a forest yet close to town. We were really lucky to be there on a gorgeous day, we used the snowshoes and walked the trails on the property. It was a winter wonderland. I would recommend the Old Saco Inn to friends and family. I'd love to go back in the summer to hike and canoe on the river.

Room Tip: Mt. Washington room had great views.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I would highly recommend the Old Saco Inn to anyone and everyone. As first time B&B people we felt comfortable from the moment we arrived. We were lucky enough to have both dinner and breakfast at the Inn and it was amazing. The dinner was served as part of a party of 20 plus people and everything was managed in a professional, yet friendly manner. I wish we could have stayed longer!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Clean, comfortable, and beautiful room. Delicious breakfast. And lovely accommodating hosts. We'll be making reservations again when we can take advantage of the snowshoeing trails on their 65 acre property along the river.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Our only regret of the two week Northeast trip we recently returned from is that we only got to stay at the Old Saco Inn for two nights. This is one of those places you will want to go back to year after year and has plenty to offer in all seasons. We are already planning to return for skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and hot chocolate by the magnificant center fire. The acreage is beautiful with the river, trees and walking paths. The rooms and common areas are both comfortable and clean with the owners, Pete and Sandi, working tirelessly each day to ensure everything is kept up-to-date and clean. As far as the food-just like everything else-amazing. Aside from the sumptuous breakfasts I'd suggest adding dinner to your stay. We taste tested squash soup throughout Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts and hands down Sandi has the market on the best! Don't even get me started on her dinner rolls. The Inn set up is perfect for any type of traveler whether it be families with children, a romantic stay or a friends get-away. If you are a solo traveler - Pete and Sandi will make you comfortable without a doubt! Family reunions and special events held here would be unforgettable.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I would definitely recommend the Old Saco Inn to family and friends. A bit difficult to find first time in the dark but we had just landed in Boston from England so probably a bit jet lagged and getting used to driving on the other side of the road! However, it was well worth the effort as our welcome was warm and genuine and we felt at home immediately. I agree with the previous review that it is cozy, clean, charming, comfy, quaint with lots to do on site and nearby. Pete and Sandi, the new owners, are really lovely people but manage to remain professional in their role as hosts so that standards are high. This is not an easy balancing act but they seem to achieve it effortlessly. Consequently they manage to provide a place you dont want to leave. Last, but not least, the food is delicious! My husband and I hope to return one day.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple