“Certainly worth a visit”
Review of The Crown

The Crown
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

I have visited this pub a few times for a drink and once before for food and always been pleasant, friendly and clean! My husband and I decided to turn up, not booked on a Saturday evening and luckily could get a table. The two ladies which were on duty were extremely helpful and friendly. We were sat in the lounge area which was spacious,clean and decorated nicely. We ordered only main courses, although the starters looked tempting! Everything was reasonably priced too. I had the rump of lamb with dauphinois potatoes (there was a good choice of different potatoes you could order) and my husband had the rump steak! Both meals were very good and tasty.....there was plenty too.......the rump steak was cooked perfectly! Well done to the crown!
We shall return

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

Popped in for a quick lunch and the place was packed.. upon reading the lunch menu I understood why... £4.50 for a main course, £7.50 for 2 courses! Obviously this rings alarm bells as it sounds TOO cheap!

I ordered steak pie and the missus ordered scampi. Nothing flash and only 4/5 choices of main - but don't forget the cost.
It was out within 10 mins and was really good, way beyond our expectations.. the pie was more of a sauce with a puff pastry lid and there was plenty of steak in the pie . Decent chips and garden peas
Scampi was not the mushy type they were the prawn tails..

Will definitely be coming again for a good lunchtime fill!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Pleasant environment. Enjoyed our meal on grill night (Friday). Ordered Stilton sauce with the steak which never arrived. Charged for but taken off the bill when challenged.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 3 September 2016

We were staying locally in a B&B and The Crown was somewhere that had been suggested for our evening meal.
We went along on a Wednesday evening. The place was heaving.....inside and out!
We debated whether to stay or not. It was Carvery night. The staff asked if we wanted to eat and whilst we we having a drink, a table came free.
No queue for the Carvery, as diners were invited up table by table. Great idea!
Beef, pork and Turkey on offer and a HUGE choice of veggies.
Cost? An OUTSTANDING £4.95 a head! Superb value and very good quality.
We were so pleased we decided to stay for our evening meal that day. No wonder the place was so busy.
Two main meals and a shared dessert for around £15.
Other Specials were advertised on different days of the week.....I suggest that you book.....

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank Jacqueline M
Reviewed 17 August 2016

We had a lovely meal here. The menu choice is very good, food is tasty and staff very friendly. The place is currently having their garden area done and I am looking forward to coming back soon as it's lovely

Date of visit: August 2016