All reviews northern door clean and spacious rooms mile marker fridge and microwave cable tv free wifi convenient location other guests walking distance canada motel beds rte repair
Reviewed 15 August 2017

reasonably priced the ac took all night to get down to temp and the curtains would not close all of the way (same room as last time) thankfully some previous guest has left a small binder clip on it to close them.
Non smoking Motel but staff all seemed to smoke right outside the door which brought the smell in.

Room Tip: check in early to set ac on
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We had a very nice room, complete with fridge and microwave, with a very comfortable bed. The window opened so we could avail ourselves of the wonderfully crisp air coming in from the outside. This establishment also welcomed small dogs for a very small fee ($5.00 per night). The staff was very friendly, helpful yet professional. The breakfast was really nice even though it was continental. There was plenty of fresh things to choose from.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be great as the motel is situated well back from the main street of town. We walked everywhere.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

As an avid traveler I haven't stayed In many local hotels/inns. I always go with that name Brand and higher price point.
In visiting fort kent you don't have those options.

I joined my husband on his business trip and am so glad I did.

The hotel is so adorable, so clean and the lady at the front desk was so sweet!

The hotel is really situated perfectly for walking everywhere - across the boarder to Canada or out to eat!

The care they take at the hotel was evident as it literally smelled clean upon arriving. The grounds the rooms the hallways - very nice to see as a traveler.

100% do not stay anywhere else in Fort Kent but this place!

Don't forget to take your picture at mile marker 1 at mile Zero and then go to the back of the sign at take your picture at Mile 2390!

Thanks for a great stay and local hospitality! I will be back!

Ps look at the keys for entry in your room so old Fashioned and just awesome!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Located just off of Main St, this motel is walking distance to at least 3 restaurants and a dairy bar. Room amenities include free wifi, mini-fridge, table with office chairs, and microwave. Heat pump in the room for heat & AC. Free continental breakfast. We had a room with 2 queens, but there are other configurations too. The price was $90+ tax....I think that is a little high, maybe because we travel in other states where similar rooms are about $60. I was really impressed with the notebook in the room which included a ton of info about the area, repair places, churches, menus, what to do, where to eat, etc. It was a super resource!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2017

I stayed at the Northern Door while on a business trip to the area. I was very surprised to see that this place was as nice as it was. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and large as well. If I need to be in the area again on a future trip, I will be staying at the Northern Door!

Room Tip: Don't let the website scare you!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business