“Disappointed. Food was sub-par”
Review of Brickyard Cafe

Brickyard Cafe
Ranked #18 of 39 Restaurants in Farmington
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

We stopped for breakfast after a camping trip. I ordered iced coffee with red flannel hash with eggs. I asked for hot water to melt my sugar in, I saw floaters (food pieces) in the hot water so I asked for a different glass, I received another glass and poured the sugar. I then realized the floaters were in the sugar...so I drank my coffee black. The eggs were the saving grace of my meal, my red flannel hash had a sour taste to it. I couldn't tell if it had sauerkraut in it or was rancid. The waitress didn't bother to ask how our food was, I assume she could tell by the look on my face that I wasn't happy but was too timid to ask. I would not return to this restaurant. Ever. I certainly wouldn't recommend it. Save your money, oh they only accept cash as well but did not put any sign on the door, instead posted it in the kitchen doorway where you can see it at the last minute

There are newer reviews for Brickyard Cafe

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

This local restaurant is a cheery little place with excellent service. The cheese omelet I ordered was perfectly prepared and they don't skimp on the cheese. Their home fries are prepared without onions and peppers- just plain potatoes cooked crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. My companion had eggs over easy and bacon, again perfectly prepared. Our waitress had a happy disposition and was attentive to our needs without being overbearing.
This restaurant only has about twelve tables, so plan your visit accordingly.

Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

Next to the auto parts as you come into Farmington from Wilton, it's easy to drive past this restaurant ....

That would be a shame

Plates piled high with delicious food, and my corned beef hash and eggs were both perfectly cooked.

My wife had blueberry pancakes and sausage and eggs and French toast, she expected a "little" of each but it could have fed a small army.

Really nice folks....both the servers and the local patrons.

Reviewed 16 June 2015

Waitress wore a shirt with "Horses are God's apology for Men."

When I found out I couldn't pay with a credit card, but before I paid with cash, she told my wife that she'd "get a rest" from me presumably as I was working off our bill cleaning dishes or similar.

Well, women may not need men specifically, but they do need male customers. And I know we're not going back.

3  Thank Christopher C
Reviewed 21 May 2015

Stopped here for lunch on a Sunday afternoon and it wasn't crowded but probably missed the rush. It's a small cafe, had a good menu selection for breakfast and lunch plus specials. Orders at our table included teriyaki beef tips (special), chicken finger plate, and a burger. Everyone was happy with taste and portion size. Most expensive thing was (relative cost) the can of diet coke. Some of the breakfast items served at other tables looked good. The waitress was really friendly and got everything right. Would eat here again if passing through the area.

1  Thank M3a3s