“Great real ice cream, made in Maine.”

Gifford's Famous Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Farmington
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We have been going to Farmington for years. Can't go without stopping at Gifford's. Sometimes there is a line, but it is worth the wait. Great flavors too.

There are newer reviews for Gifford's Famous Ice Cream

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I have traveled around the country, and have found only a couple of places where the hard ice cream comes close to Gifford's. Their use of Maine ingredients, such as Maine blueberries and raspberries, just adds to the experience. Moose tracks, Maine blueberry and mint chocolate chip are my favorites. You will rarely find a Gifford's location that is not busy because visitors and residents alike know what they are getting.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Very good ice cream - many flavors offered - makes this a staple of Farmington! Popular spot to gather on warm summer afternoons and evenings.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Give me a choice and I'll always get sorbet (Sherbet) but sometimes you just need a bit of ice cream, and this is amongst the best there is. Now I must add a disclaimer here… don't put a Baskin-Robbins near or I'd never stop here, but again, that is because I love the sorbet / sherbets available at Baskin-Robbins.

That being said, if you are an ice cream nut, stop and you won't be sorry!

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Ok, I walked up to the menu board and panicked . How could I possibly choose from all of delicious selections, one incredible treat containing all that I desired??? Well, I ordered a coconut, orange- pineapple, black raspberry scoop with hot fudge, whip cream, nuts, and a cherry in a waffle bowl !!! Best dessert ever, I can't wait to try a new treat !! Highly recommend anytime.