“Thai food, but without flair”
Review of Sweet Ginger

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sweet Ginger
Ranked #26 of 39 Restaurants in Farmington
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Bless their hearts! The Friday night my friends and I visited Sweet Ginger we were the only customers. Perhaps a gap in activities at Farmington State -- a big engine of the vitality of this wonderful little town -- was the reason. My impression, perhaps wrong, was that a middle-aged Thai married couple were doing everything. The dining room is spacious and pleasant and the menu selection was amazingly diverse. I enjoyed my Pad Thai -- the noodles truly were yummy! But the shrimp tasted like it had spent a long time in he freezer. Other selections -- were fine, albeit not special. Definitely I want to come back and give this place another try.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

This is a little jewel of a place, hidden along Main St. They have a nice selection of traditional Thai foods, all the usual curries etc. They also offer a selection of sushi which are nicely presented. I particularly like to Panang Curry with chicken and the Okdol Bibimbap, served with an egg on top.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

We stopped in not expecting much. We ordered a variety of things on the menu and everything was very good. The sushi was a real surprise. We usually drive to Bangor or Portland for sushi so we were excited to find someplace closer to home. Not a lot of variety but the ladies took great care in preparing and presenting it. We'll definitely go back.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

Most bland Phad Thai ever. No fish sauce and no chili pepper. They don't even have a bottle of hot sauce available so that we could add our own heat. Thai Smile is a better bet.

Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

Five of us ate here for dinner. All of us had Thai entrees. One had a crispy chicken dinner, one had a vegetarian Thai entree, one had a Thai salad with minced chicken, one had a vegetable an tofu entree. They all thought their entrees were good. I had Thai coconut soup and coconut green curry. Neither dish was very good, for the same reason. The chef waters down the coconut milk until it is thin and practically flavorless. If you like a real coconut curry made with full fat coconut milk, then do not order any coconut based entrees here.

Been to Sweet Ginger? Share your experiences!