“Unexpectedly good”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 26 June 2017

I say unexpectedly good only because this far out into the middle of nowhere is the last place you expect to find a good BBQ joint, ;et alone a REALLY good BBQ joint.

The staff was light the day we went in, and she still did a fine job of keeping up with all the folks who were there.

I stopped here for lunch with my grandson over the weekend, while we were out exploring the area, and a pleasant surprise it was. The food was hot and very tasty.

We started with an order of chicken tenders, which were fresh handmade and very tasty (in the top 8 for sure) My grandson order a Philly cheese steak and I ordered a pulled pork sandwich. Both were very good, tasty, juicy and good choices. They have 5-6 different sauces available at the tables.

2 things should have you stopping here when you are in the area.

1st., it's worth it
2nd there aren't many other places to eat in the area, so if you are going to stop at any, it should be a great one.

There are newer reviews for GrantLee's Tavern & Grill

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

The visit was awesome. Kayla meet us at door , i ask for a recommendation, she was very hel ful, polite, friendly, come to find out, it was her third day. I can wait to dine again with Kayla, as our server at grantlees bar and grill..... Thank you Cindy and Mike

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is closed for renovations. It would be helpful if this information was included by any reviewer who knows about it. Driving for 1.5 hours to a closed restaurant is annoying.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

Where do you go to eat a home cooked meal, there are not many places that cook a real meal. The potatoes are mashed and not boxed, and the chicken fried steak is great, and the hush puppys. Look I am from Texas and I should know. If you want a home cooked meal and great BBQ then you need to try GrantLee's Tavern. My husband and I did and continue to go back at least once every two weeks or more. The food is excellent.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

The best little restaurant in Farmington. Lunch specials on Wed thru Friday.. 2/$10. Great variety of food. Fabulous fried raspberry cheesecake!! Be sure and stop by.