“Brewery recommended..good advice”

El Toro Mexican Grill
Ranked #12 of 39 Restaurants in Farmington
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Very goodMexican take out from strip store location on route 2. Quick service and fair prices. Burrito was delicious. Good recommendation fromBrewery.

1  Thank sadler8613

Reviewed 23 January 2017

I have eaten most items on the menu, and keep going back. The favors are authentic, the ingredients fresh, and the service friendly and fast.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

I am a fairly well-traveled person, frequenting California and New Mexico. There hasn't been anything remotely resembling good Mexican food in this area of Maine ever. When you do find Mexican food in New England it tends to be TexMex which I not particularly a fan of. El Toro has a fantastic simple menu that really captures the simplicity of authentic Mexican food. It is fresh and flavorful and hasn't been nuked with overdone spices and msg. I am a huge fan of the El Toro burrito with steak. they also make their own hot sauces, which is always a good mark of a great Mexican place. (They make a smoky hot sauce that is off the charts good!!!) I also really appreciate the fact that they try to get everything they can locally. Keep your eyes peeled for their food truck and also visit their take-out location!

Reviewed 19 October 2016

First visit went well had chicken El Toro Burrito. On Second visit, I ordered the same thing and got some kind of meat that really can't be described; it looked like leftovers all mixed together in a watery mess that did not resemble the first great Chicken Burrito from the previous week. All I can say is it made me sick to my stomach and I am not taking the chance on round three! Too bad, I thought it was cool having a food truck in town and I would have been a regular customer but CONSISTENCY of Food Quality is extremely important and bad unhealthy food should not be served especially when you have a Republican candidate sign (Lisa Keim) plastered on your business in a very public place!

Management response:Responded 20 October 2016

We are so sorry you had this experience. Not sure what happened in the kitchen that day, but I wish you would have said something to us as we truly believe in good quality food and would have been happy to re-make anything that was unsatisfactory. If you care to give it another try, please stop by our new Eastside Mall location - 805 Farmington Falls Rd - and your meal is on us. Chef Garnet will make something great for you. Also, Lisa Keim is Garnet's sister in law. We are not generally politically motivated, but we do like to support family.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

This taco truck serves up delicious and reasonably priced Mexican food, locally sourced and brought to you by some friendly faces! Our family is so happy to have the El Toro truck in town.

1  Thank Amy G