All reviews the cottages homemade scones place to stay granola bars front porch bed was very comfortable full kitchen the main house across the street short sands beach cabin puppy redone storage ogunquit gazebo keys
Reviewed 6 September 2018

First the pro's: The grounds are really well kept and beautiful, the location is central to many of the things we wanted to do, the inn keepers were very friendly, housekeeping was on top of bringing fresh towles etc. It was very quiet and peaceful and there is a store right across the street. The bed was comfortable, pillows were large and comfortable and we appreciated the extra blankets when it got chilly at night. They have a "grab and go" breakfast (muffins, granola bars) in the main house, but don't deliver to your front porch as someone in another review on here indicated. The kitchen has a two burner stove, dorm size refrigerator and microwave, as well as nice dishes/glasses/mugs, a tiny coffee pot and pots/pans. The water pressure in the shower was good.

Cons: Man...this place is TINY! We stayed in cabin #5 and I'd recommend it for a weekend, or long weekend, but if you are staying longer, try a different cabin or different place. There was just so little storage! There was no place to keep suitcases (they wouldn't fit under the bed) and there's no real closet - just a cut out place in the wall with a short bar and about 10 hangers. We ended up keeping suitcases in the kitchen. The bed takes up the whole room and there is no dresser or other place to put clothes away. The television is also tiny and difficult to watch from the bed as it's situated to the side of the bed on a small shelf.

The front door stuck and was difficult to open and close and none of the windows would open, and the cabins are close enough to see your neighbors through the windows. There are pull down shades to provide privacy.

I didn't go into any of the other cabins, so I don't know how spacious they are or aren't but I picked #5 for the king size bed and we got that, but that was just about all in terms of space!

Room Tip: Cabin #5 has a king size bed, but is TINY!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed in cottage 11. The cottage is ADORABLE and clean. My only complaint is, no bathroom outlets and I wish there would have been more shelves to put clothes on seeing how the cottage was so small. The covered porch with the rocking chairs added extra charm and space. The free continental breakfast consisted of small muffins, scones, granola bars, and coffee. The price for the cottage was fair.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2018

This was a very quaint and lovely bed and breakfast. Clean and the staff was friendly, welcoming and helpful. We arrived and the staff was right there to welcome us and assist with carrying our luggage in. The room was large and clean. We had a king size bed that was very comfortable and the room was decorated with vintage furniture.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Being off the beach a little, I was just looking for a sleeping spot. This little resort was nice. I brought my puppy and my moms puppy. They had fun too. Free coffee was a plus. I recommend to anybody who wants to relax and see the the beach

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Nora H, General Manager at 2 River Road Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

We at 2 River Road Inn and Cottages would like to thank you straying with us. We strive to make our cottages cozy and friendly.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

I have been coming to 2 Rivers for 4 years now. Loved the clean cozy cabins and We also got more than what we expected when Ken and John owned the property. Everyone was treat like an equal even my furry child. Now it is a little different. As the Cottage are as cute, clean and comfortable as always. The word Pet Friendly is not as it seems. I paid 30.00 a night for my 4.9lb Yorkie (use to be 20.00) to be with us on vacation. Taking a walk to the office, we get Yelled at very rudely to stop and go back, dog is no allowed in this area. (Felt like a prison camp) So we went back to our cabin and changed our mind about purchases some items from there office/store. Later noticed a dog walking around the area that a dog is not suppose to be and found that it was the owners dog, which a little while later was on the deck where the office door was and barked at a customer as she was coming up the stair and scared her (this happened to different time during our stay). After seeing this I went inside and was reading the rules and even though we am paying 30.00 a night and we were there for 4 nights, my dog can not stay in the cabin for more the 1/2 hour alone. So how can this be dog friendly when I have to put my dog in a hot car if I wanted to go to the beach or to dinner. I pay 120.00 extract for a dog to stay and she cant be in the cabin alone (this was the reason for renting a cabin vs a motel). Total Unacceptable. Ken and John always walked their dogs everywhere and as a renter I was allowed to do the same. The pool and gazebo were off limited and that was total agreeable past and present rules. Also the rules should be for all parties. The girls that were maintaining the cottages were very pleasant and helpful with anything that you needed. I am very sad that this wonderful place that we found will no longer be a place that I would be able to go back to. So if you don't have a pet, its a wonderful place to stay because it is NOT pet friendly. For people who are returning guests, the personal touches like waking up to warm scones on the porch of your cabin, personally delivered is no longer.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends