“Has really gone down hill-unfortunate”

Jamaican Jerk Center
Ranked #9 of 16 Restaurants in Cape Neddick
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

We went for dinner on Saturday since they have a live reggae band. We waited in line for 15 min to order. We ordered a large oxtail and a large rib plate. I questioned the size we were given when I opened the container of oxtail and there was THREE SMALL PIECES OF OXTAIL FOR $15.00!!! I questioned the owner and he just said yes that was a large size order. NO WAY! The ribs had 5 small pieces of ribs - a little better for $13.00. Needless to say, we were VERY DISAPPOINTED to say the least. On top of the portion issue, the oxtail was not seasoned up and was very bland. The ribs had a little jerk on them and were a bit better. Thank goodness we had a box of wheat thins in the car or we would have had to leave to get food. Lol.

Not in any hurry to go back to eat there.

1  Thank snapette

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Don't let the simplicity of this roadside stand and colorful picnic tables fool you, this is SERIOUS ethnic cuisine. The Jerk is just fantastic. Ample portions, with varying levels of spice upon request, the food is just filling, comforting, and exotic. Take a chance on this place, you will NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

plain simple straight forward roadside stand with really good food....order at the window and take your food to the provided picnic tables and have a definite blast and departure from your basic maine lobsta....brought my cooler with wine and my puppy at my feet....doesn't get any better than this....the jerk chicken was outstanding as was the side of rice and beans and plantains.....

Reviewed 16 September 2015

The place doesn't look like much but the food!!!! Not our first time there but I have to say how good it is since when I go there are few people and Im sooooooooo afraid it will close one day. Have the chicken jerk or the goat curry. They are both very good. They also have Ginger beer which is delicious! Its always such a pleasure to go there eveytime I go to Ogunquit! Please Enjoy the great food

2  Thank meetoo1234
Reviewed 3 September 2015 via mobile

We had a great time and will go back. The tables were a little run down but the reggae band was great. They play from 6-10. They used to have a fire but had trouble getting the permits this year and assured us there would be one next year. The place opens around July4th and closes Labor Day. Music is Saturday's only and 6-10pm. Last thing it is BYOB