“Scottish Eggs were Terrific!”
Review of The Drouthy Bear

The Drouthy Bear
Ranked #6 of 56 Restaurants in Camden
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Reviewed 12 November 2018

We ate here twice during our stay in Camden. The bar is set in an old house. My traveling partner and I tried out the Scottish Eggs. Very favorable and quite tasty. I ordered the Shepard's pie and my buddy ordered the Gamekeeper"s pie. I really enjoyed my pie, good amounts of meat and fillings . I tried my friend's Gamekeeper's pie...A little bland for my taste. The next night when we dropped in I had the Chicken Tikka Pie and my traveling companion had fish and chips. Both were excellent. On the down side, service was slow as there was only on waitress and the bar owner was serving also. It took us almost an hour to get our food on the second night. And I would as the owner to please invest in air conditioning, the three box fans I saw in use were not cutting it for the heat we had during our August visit here.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Extremely busy touristy bar with just okay service and drinks. Not extremely personal bartender, which for me is a must. Too many other better options.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Spend a very enjoyable evening in this fine establishment whilst stopping over in town.
The bar is on the small side but this makes for good atmosphere. Great selection of beers, some from UK.
Lounge extension is mainly for dining.
On night we were there the place was extremely busy with about 45 minute wait for table.
That was ok as it gave us a chance to try a couple of beers at the bar and soak up the local chat with fellow visitors and locals. It is a very popular venue and it may be wise to make a reservation if possible.
Interesting selection of food and many dishes are of the Scottish variety !! What a welcome break from normal American fare.
The eating area is very relaxing. The walls are covered in Scottish memorabilia with various pictures etc. I believe the owner is an ex International Scottish Rugby Union player and there is some reference to the sport, if my memory serves me well.
A nice way to spend a couple of hours for sure, if you are in the area.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Hercules11
Reviewed 7 November 2018

The Drouthy Bear was recommended to us by our Innkeeper at the Blue Harbor Inn, while we were visiting Camden, Maine. What a really good recommendation!! Andrew, the owner was friendly and gave us some good options to try for lunch. The fish and chips were excellent...nicely battered and not greasy and the Fenwick salad was spot on delicious! This is a neat pub on the main street in Camden, Me. We thought it was so good we went again for dinner two nights later.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 26 October 2018

Great selection of local micro brews on tap with an tasty menu that has something for everyone. A must stop for lunch in Camden!

Date of visit: October 2018