All reviewspool and hot tubfront deskone nighta great staycomplimentary breakfastnice hotelquiet stayyogurtvisiting the arearoom was spotlessoff the highwayacadia national parkbowdoin collegeconvenient locationfitness centerpull out couchstayed nights
Reviewed 9 May 2018

We had been up in midcoast for a few days and on the way home wanted a Marriott property close to Freeport and this was it. We arrived at 5 pm with no reservation but the desk clerk Alec was very helpful finding us what we wanted - a mini suite so I'd have a place to sit and read & watch TV that was not the bed. With our AAA discount it was an excellent price. The room was a tad on the small side but it worked for us being there for just one night. Alec also recommended a good restaurant in Brunswick and also came up to help me figure out the heat/AC. We requested a room away from the highway which was quiet. The breakfast was standard mid price hotel fare but the lady who ran the kitchen was very pleasant and the area was cheerful - they also have a patio but it was too cool for that. Pool was kind of small (we didn't use it) but they have a whirlpool which is a nice plus. Husband used the fitness center which was fine. Would stay there again when in the area.

Room Tip: Select front of hotel away from highway
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2018

We stayed at the Fairfield for two nights, including one night when busloads of Williams College athletes were there and a second night when little kids were running around. The cushy hallway carpeting (and maybe the door) absorbed sounds. With the fan on at night, we didn't hear highway noise either. We had a king with a separate couch area, which worked well for our stay. However, it's odd that the hotel chose to create build-outs to keep the couch in one position and the TV at the right angle opposite when without the build-outs there would be more room to, say, walk around the fold-out couch in the middle of the night on the way to the bathroom. It was great to have a fridge and microwave. The breakfast bar downstairs had plenty of options, and it was a nice place to sit and have tea in front of the TV or chat in the afternoon. A group of four had a wine and cheese party while watching golf. Comfortable beds. Oh, maid service didn't come until almost 5 pm, so we skipped it. I'm not sure why people need daily service anyway, unless they slip a chocolate on your pillow.

Room Tip: near the end of the halls, away from elevators
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We never heard a sound coming out from the hallway. We thought at first we were alone on the top floor but saw evidence of life constantly when venturing out of our room. Even the heating system fan was quiet. Staff was helpful and the room was very clean. We did have to notify the front desk to let them know the mini refrigerator wasn’t working and found out there was no replacements. We had to throw out food as a result which was wasteful. Still, it was a small inconvenience for such a quiet stay and to have a room made up to our specific needs.

Room Tip: Third floor offers a great view and extra quietness.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2018

I love Marriott hotels and look for them whenever I travel. The hotel is just north of Freeport, and it's a straight shot into town for some great shopping and eating. I only stayed one night, but the room was clean with very comfortable beds. The bathroom was spacious with a nice shower head and decent water pressure. The room includes a small frig which is always nice to have when traveling. I did not use the pool or other amenities, and did not get up in time for the complimentary breakfast. My one criticism is that the hotel backs up against the highway, and there was a lot of truck noise just outside my window early in the morning. If I stayed again, I would ask for a front-facing room. Otherwise, a nice comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Front-facing room to avoid highway noise
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We needed to make an unplanned stay overnight in Brunswick and this Fairfield Inn did not disappoint. Clean, modern and great beds. Staff was accommodating and professional. Well appointed and a great breakfast included.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family