All reviews periyar river peaceful place vegetarian food recommend this resort massage treatments silent location yoga retreat relaxing stay river view awesome place rooms are clean enjoyed my stay stayed here for nights bobby kodanad relaxation team
Reviewed 7 June 2018

My first time in Kerala’ I arrived at Elephant Pass Aurevedic and Yoga retreat Kodanad and was coming for 2 days’ but stayed for 10 as I felt so at peace and relaxed as this place is paradise found .The rooms are clean and large and well maintained and the Aurevedic Massages are a complete wellness package and after intense massages and treatments My health was restored’ but I must ad the “Food by chef Bobby and his beautiful wife ‍❤️‍ was delicious..All the staff were so attentive and helpful and I would thoroughly recommend this resort time and time again ......I know I will be back soon!!

Room tip: All rooms are facing river’ ambience assured and oxygen pure air
Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank 146Jan
Stephenpass, Owner at Elephant Pass Ayurveda & Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Madam, Thanks for your healthy review towards our Elephant pass Ayurveda & Yoga Retreat. We will be look towards your suggestion and will improve the areas you mentioned. We the team Elephant pass will always be Thankful to you. Please do visit again..!!! Wish you a HAPPY & HEALTHY LIFE..!! - Team Elephant Pass

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Just the place to go to relax and unwind. The staff try very hard to keep you happy and work around the clock like "supermen"! The Ayurvedic treatment/massages were very authentic with a knowledgeable doctor who explains things to you, The only area they need to revamp is the massage area, the steam bath and have more towels!
Overall, very happy I chose this place to take the break and would recommend it.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank BirajA4
Stephenpass, Owner at Elephant Pass Ayurveda & Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Dear Sir, Thanks for your healthy review towards our Elephant pass Ayurveda & Yoga Retreat. We will be look towards your suggestion and will improve the areas you mentioned. We the team Elephant pass will always be Thankful to you. Please do visit again..!!! Wish you a HAPPY & HEALTHY LIFE..!! - Team Elephant Pass

Reviewed 30 April 2018

To begin with, the location - all rooms overlooking the river Periyar - is super. The rooms are clean and well-maintained. The food is simple, vegetarian and delicious. Combined with the yoga sessions and the Ayurvedic massages, the experience was indeed very rejuvenating particularly for city folks like us. What makes the place worth visiting again however is the staff - Paul, Bobby, Lincy and Vineesh made sure that our stay was a memorable one. Dr. Mathew was a pleasure to interact with as well.

Date of stay: April 2018
Stephenpass, Owner at Elephant Pass Ayurveda & Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Sir,

Reviewed 17 April 2018

I stayed 3 weeks at the Elephant Pass with the health/Yoga retreat package and it was yet not long enough. I felt like in a family. Everybody is so friendly and helpful, always smiling, if not laughing.
First I thought "what a simple place",- but there is everything you need and after a day you see the real beauty !
To the massage treatments I had to get used to, as I got scrubbing and a kind of hitting (with little powder/leave bags) massages, but after 2 days I even liked them, as I could feel, that they helped to bring "sad/bad feelings" out of the body. Those undesirable ones, we put into compartments/away. Those, which then can bring up allergies and other diseases... I had those treatments (apart to normal massages and steam baths) almost over 2 weeks and felt fantastic ! absolutely recommendable !
Dr. Sunny, whom I saw every day ! gave me several ayurvedic medications to detox my body- and still, after 3 weeks being at home, I have NO allergies !!!! So it worked !!
Me, as a beginner, had Yoga twice the day with two different Yoga teachers (Solomon and John). It was great and I can say, that I love Yoga now and continue at home.
Yes, it is a wonderful, peaceful place to stay(directly next to the river), but if you don't want to have it that peaceful, explore the region. Ask Bobin, he will have a lot of ideas ! Going into the village or nearby town - or do explore the nature with him. He knows so much about it... There is a lot to see.
The food is wonderful (karelan dishes) and always made fresh - you may get something different to the other guests, as you get, what you are allowed to eat. Don't be afraid, that the meals could be too spicy. They are NOT !. But if you ask them, they will happily make it more spicy. They will also happily explain to you how to cook it...
If you would need something, or you have an organisation problem - ask Linsay, Mintu or Paul - and it will be solved.
If you think about going there, I recommend to stay at least 10-14 days. You have to give the medical / massage treatments time to work (they do !), also to get a feeling to the wonderful people, place and region.

Room tip: if you want to climb a staircase, there are bigger rooms upstairs with a lovely view.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Saschasss
Stephenpass, Manager at Elephant Pass Ayurveda & Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Madam, Thanks for your healthy review towards our Elephant pass Ayurveda & Yoga Retreat. And we the team Elephant pass will always be Thankful to you. Please do visit again..!!! Wish you a HAPPY & HEALTHY LIFE..!! - Team Elephant Pass

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed at elephant pass for 10 days doing a yoga retreat package. Everyone was super friendly and always willing to help. Bobby even arranged a couple of days trips so I could explore Kerala a bit more. It was fun trying all the different foods and I miss the delicious juices! Elephant pass is is right beside the river and is incredibly peaceful. I will always remember the quiet swims in the river. My yoga instructor was fantastic and I was lucky enough to have one on one sessions while I was at elephant pass. All in all my stay was near perfect and that comes down to the great staff at elephant pass. If you are looking for some down time I would definitely recommend it!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank oliviat894
Stephenpass, Owner at Elephant Pass Ayurveda & Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Madam,