1,330 results
All reviews bubble cafe marine drive sunset cruise taj group sea view complimentary cruise bubbles restaurant every evening boat ride taj malabar back waters excellent location value for money travel desk breakfast spread coffee shop courteous staff
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Noisy hotel, loud music evening parties, rooms are interconnected and not soundproofed, can hear everything from neighbouring rooms, total lack of privacy. Very noisy electricity generator just outside the windows, it feels as if there is constant helicopter flying just outside the window. Constant power cuts, at least 10 times every night. Worst part is the smell of burning plastic coming through the ventilation system. Hotel is fairly old, more like 3 star standard. If I could give no stars at all.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
gateway e, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel, Ernakulam!!

At the onset I would like to thank you for being a valued patron and write to you in reference to your feedback regarding your stay at the hotel.

It is the feedback from our esteemed and valued guests which gives us an opportunity to further enhance and refine our processes to achieve customer delight.

It is a matter of great concern for me and my team to realize that we could not live up in terms of deliverance.

We certainly respect your personal likes and dislikes. We have made a note of your feedback. The matter has been taken up with the concerned personnel and you have my assurance that you will have no cause for such a comment in the future.

Once again we thank you for sharing your valuable thoughts and assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

I had booked executive room on 5th floor which gave me excellent view of sea. Hotel is just on marine drive and one can enjoy good morning/ evening walk. Very close by MG Road, approx40 minutes from airport. Hotel is quite old and needs renovation. All furniture/ interior/ fixture sounds quite old. Lifts are slow. Internet: Very Slow. Food: Good. Taj food is always superb. Service: Great. I think with just interior and renovation ratings will go up drastically.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
gateway e, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Sachdeva,

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel, Ernakulam!!

At the onset I would like to thank you for being a valued patron and write to you in reference to your feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel.

I thank you once again for sharing your valuable thoughts and assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

property was good but reception and dining staff needs to be more professional as we booked two rooms and the experience with food and reception was not good. Other staff was very very decent and polie and hel[pful

Room Tip: it was good
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Sahini,

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short.

I have very strongly taken your feedback with my Entire Team and our Training Manager to have thorough training's in place to cater rightly and provide anticipatory Services which we fell in short in your case. Regarding the Room rate discrepancy, i have taken the liberty to investigate the issue and it was found that the Booker who gave us the booking has informed us that the room would be on single occupancy and we quoted the rate for the same and upon your arrival to the hotel , as the room was on double occupancy the differential was informed. I understand the communication gap which led to this disparity and this is a learning for us also to have the situation being handled in a more appropriate way by communicating the details directly with the guest who will be availing the accommodation which can purely avoid all this miscommunications.

Thanking you in anticipation for your valuable time in going through my response and i wish If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

I visited Cochin for a business trip and stayed at Taj Gateway hotel for a day on 17th September and was pleasantly surprised by the greetings and pleasantries. Excellent service and comfortable stay. Staff are very courteous and approachable. Food quality was delicious and the variety provided is beyond compare. I would love to stay again during my next visit to Cochin.

Room Tip: Nothing left out. All things provided more than expectation.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Taj Hotels & Resorts
gateway e, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Mr. Iyer,

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Good staff; smooth check in and check out; nice breakfast spread amidst views of sea and garden, complimentary boat cruise around Kochi harbour. Complimentary car parking available. Recommend room with sea facing view.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business