Our family has been staying at this motel location for well over 30+ years when it was called TWIN-CITY-MOTOR-INN. Under that ownership it got worse and worse over the the years until it finally got to a point that we say: "Enough is enough, there are plenty of alternatives !". From then we avoided the place and, from a distance, watched it go severely 'down-hill'.
THEN - came new owner, operators in late 2007. As we drove past 2-3 times a year we saw: New Paint, new signs, new....etc but still we were unaware of the new ownership.
Yesterday (March 1st, 2012) we thought, well we'll check it out and probably go 'somewhere else'.
Well, let me say this - from the minute we arrived to inquire about availability and pricing, to the time we checked out ~ we were made to feel like we were the MOST IMPORTANT customers they've ever had.
Firstly, they offered a great deal, right in line with all the other local alternatives, Secondly, they made sure we could park our car close to the room door ( we were loaded up to the roof and wanted to keep an eye on it). Thirdly, they went out of their way to explain where we could get a great deal for supper ( the restaurant right next door offered a discount for Motel guests AND great food/service). Fourthly, they called the room to make sure we were happy and the room was suitable for us and our dog.
In the evening we spotted the owners wife cooking up Strawberry and Blueberry sauces which she explained were for the guest breakfast ( INCLUDED ) for the morning.
Most of all, they offered an absolutly FANTASTIC breakfast with just about everything anyone could possibly ask for, including freshly made waffles with home-made sauces (see above). Most of all, they had a very attentative staff-member standing by to offer help/assistance with making waffles or get anything not already there. WHOW ~ we had no idea service like this was still available in North-America !
In the morning, there was a knock on the door and a stafff member inquired if we were leaving that morning because it had snowed heavily during the night and he wanted to know if we would like him to shovel out the car and clean it off ! We were STUNNED - when we came out of the bathroom to offer him a tip, he was already finished and gone. "THAT" is service ~ WHOW !
On check-out, the day-staff was so attentative and helpful, we felt that she went out of her way to make sure we felt ~ Like Royalty.
WHOW - what an experience. !
We're heading back through Brewer, ME in April and - we WILL make it a point to stay there again - just for the experience.
We are truly speechless - What a fantastic experience. Absolutely NOTHING negative to say ~ only 100% POSITIVE experience
Thank YOU ! ! !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five (5) Beautiful Themed Suites with hydro-massage bath! Over 40 Drive up rooms. Vacationland Inn offers a variety of rooms to meet travelers needs (Economy to Themed Suites). A home away from home experience. Complimentary Continental Breakfast with Home-made waffles and Wild Maine Blueberry sauce, strawberry sauce and syrup. Vacationland Inn's Organic Coffee freshly roasted by local roasting company and privately labled just for our guests. Juices, toasting breads, cereals and more. Friendly staff that will always go the extra "Smile" to serve our guest needs. The Adventure begins at Vacationland Inn. Your first or return visit - experience the newly remodeled lobby and breakfast room. See you on your future stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au and Agoda so you can book your Vacationland Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacationland Hotel Brewer
- Vacationland Village Hotel