“Very good fresh seafood”
Review of High Tide

High Tide
Ranked #4 of 44 Restaurants in Brewer
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

In town on business and wanted to eat on the water, this was one of three choices hotel provided. I thought prices were very reasonable. We both started with seafood chowder bowl, it was loaded with seafood and potatoes, could have used a little more flavor for my liking but was good. Wife had baked stuffed haddock, I had baked stuffed shrimp. Both served with hollandaise sauce, I would ask next time to go light or keep off, both had too much on top. Seafood on both was very good and fresh. I had cauliflower of which I enjoyed for a side. Outdoor eating looked great, but temperatures didn't allow tonight. Another nice local place to stop at. Bar appeared to have good daily specials.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Stopped while driving home from Canada and what a lucky find. My husband had a burger which was moist and flavorful on a nice roll. Came with fries and side salad. I had the summer salad which was fresh and a nice combination of flavors- greens, tomatoes, cuke, strawberries,blueberries and blue cheese.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

What a great location. Sat out on the deck overlooking the river. It was a beautiful afternoon. The staff was great and the food fantastic. Best mussels I have ever had. The drinks tasted great also.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Saturday night and both the singles who frequent this local watering hole, mixed in with families having dinner to view the sunset - lent towards High Tide being busier than I found other Bangor/Brewer eateries to be. The wait staff was pleasant enough, and our server did her best to accommodate the 6 of us when just about every table in the place has a "reserved" sign on it. Come on folks, Bangor is sparsely populated and I could get a table in downtown DC faster than one offered to us at Harbor Tide. Their menu is atypical for the Bangor area: seafood, fish, steaks and normal comfort foods associated with Maine levels of culinary aptitude. At least they offered several salad choices, and as far as I can tell, my Maine mussels were the real thing; at least I hope they were. Their clam chowder was so-so, while other guests had salmon which I don't believe came from Maine based on taste, but were decently sized portions. Bread basket was skimpy or non-existence, drinks did not get replenished very fast, and our waitress seemed overburdened with her tables at times. Family members recognized High Tide for what it is, a place whereby everybody knows others and they go to socialize. I find it extremely funny that a dentist has an office directly inside the front entrance overhead upstairs - only in Maine! Having not been home for +17 yrs, the High Tide would be a fine place to sit outside to listen to concert music as it drifts across the Penobscot and enjoy a drink on their stone bordered patio.

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

This place has great ambiance, beautiful views. The bar area is fun, but the food isn't very good. Last night we ate in the restaurant. Food was sub standard! Disappointing! The wait staff is friendly but seem to be struggling with poor kitchen staff. Go for drinks and to sit on the deck, but don't waste your $$ on food!

Been to High Tide? Share your experiences!