“A Great Lobster Roll!”

Eagles Nest Resturant
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Brewer
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 31 July 2017

My friend on her annual Maine experience trip was famished when she got off the plane at Bangor International Airport, so we needed a nearby restaurant with real Maine atmosphere. Eagle's Nest is definitely that. She had a lobster roll that she pronounced the best ever, and I opted for a huge, but ordinary, fried fish sandwich and really good fries. There's a range of fried seafood, clam shack style, but in air-conditioned comfort. This is a true Maine experience, a small, old frame structure perched above the Penobscot River, though only a couple of seats really give you a view (and, honestly, it's no Mississippi River at Bangor by any means). The place is small, with about 10 tables. But you'll get a real local cross-section, and while the statistics say Maine is the oldest, whitest state in America, you'll find that the coast is much more diverse than you may have thought. We were there for lunch, and two tables were filled with service men and women who had come through the airport. Another table had a summer resident who proclaimed that she had been coming there for 35 years. A family filled a booth to one side of us. Next to our table, an older native Maine couple, overhearing my question about what the body of water was, neighborly advised that it was the Penobscot (that's how I know now). Service was great, really friendly and quick. Bangor doesn't have a lot of dining options, particularly not near the airport, but Eagle's Nest is a fantastic choice about 10 minutes away through downtown. Parking is limited, and the place gets crowded at the obvious hours. And sadly, it closes at 6:30 p.m., but if you arrive in "the Queen City" at lunch, breakfast or early dinner time, make this your stop.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

For $20 i got a lobster roll with several claws, maybe 3 lobsters worth if i had to guess. They came in a regular size hot dog bun but the meat was piled high above average. I also got a mound of fries and a small slaw. I thought the prices were reasonable, especially considering macdonalds charges $9 for their dinky, frozen chain version.

TIP: try to back into the parking lot since it's directly on a fairly busy road.

TIP: get there early or late. I went on a Tuesday at 3 pm and all tables (~10) were full except for 2.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I am a long-time maine resident. i have had lots of lobster rolls. this is the best yet. Very full ... tons of lobster - great place.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Where has the eagle been hiding? Been coming to this area for thirty years and tried Eagles Nest for the first time! What a surprise, food was delicious! Hot rolls to start for the table. Fried Scallops, clams, haddock, clam chowder, lobster rolls and classic onion rings. We were a big group not one person was unhappy with their choice! Classic red hot dogs for the kids. Great family business, one waitress who does it all. Can see why people wait to get inside, everything done right, even the whoopie pies!

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Based on TA reviews, my wife and I came for lunch the day before flying home to Florida..we wanted one more taste of Lobster. We got there at 11:30 and had to wait a few minutes, but once we were seated, the service was great. We both ordered Lobster Rolls and they were PHENOMINAL. Absolutely among the best we have ever had up and down the east coast. Don't let the size of the place, the location, or the external appearance keep you from stopping!