“great breakfast”
Review of Waves Restaurant

Waves Restaurant
Reviewed 15 August 2017

My husband and I were out looking for breakfast before 7 AM--too early for most up there, but we found Waves Restaurant because I stopped to photograph the pretty flowers outside and realized the restaurant opened at 7! I splurged on the Maine blueberry pancakes with the Maine syrup--best time to try local foods, right? My husband enjoyed a breakfast sandwich and about half of my order, too. The servers were pleasant and attentive without being in the way. Coffee was ready to be re-filled just as we needed it. This was very good, to me.

There are newer reviews for Waves Restaurant

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We have just had the delightful opportunity to have breakfast at Waves, our favorite place for Wild Maine Blueberry pancakes in Boothbay Harbor. The pancakes are packed with blueberries and even though there is a slight additional charge for real Maine maple syrup, it is completely worth it. The portions are very large with all their breakfast options and everyone else around us seemed to really enjoy their breakfasts as well.

The staff are very friendly and efficient and we always plan to have breakfast there a couple of times each visit to Boothbay Harbor. The cafe is very small, but we have always been able to time our visits so we can get a booth without having to wait.

Our only regret is that we forgot they close early in the afternoon and we missed our opportunity for their delicious Wild Maine Blueberry pie. We have had it in the past, and it is delicious.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I have to start out with my husband's Eclectic Omelet. Yes, it had a lot of stuff in it, but basically it's eggs... for $18! And it was just okay. Our server was friendly, I had basic french toast, the coffee was okay, the potatoes were good. Not sure we'd go back.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

This restaurant took over the location a long time local favorite the Ebb Tide had been for years....The first year it struggled to find its way....Each year since when we visit it has gotten better and better....We visited with three generations today and all of us were impressed....The food came out hot with an appealing presentation....I personally would recommend the Oatmeal with the fresh season fruit....They are only open for breakfast and lunch

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Saw the photos of variety benefits from other TripAdvisor contributors and had to try it. Glad we did. The waitress told us first thing every morning the cook makes his hollandaise from scratch. It shows. And the guy makes as good a batch of home fries as you'll ever have. The method: parboil them and then flash fry to piping hot crisp perfection (yeah I asked).

Reasonably priced at $9 served by super sweet waitresses and it's the complete package. I hear the pancakes are pretty special as well.