All reviews great location parking attendant breakfast buffet cabbage island tour boats middle of town outer harbor hotel restaurant excellent stay bit dated watch the boats staff was very friendly and helpful a great place to stay wonderful view booth bay shops and restaurants king bed
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Nice rooms with an extraordinary view of the harbor! Be picky about which room you select though, it's all about the view. Try to get one out on the end. Very friendly cleaning staff and front desk, as well as good food and nice bar.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 10 October 2017

This hotel is the best in Boothbay Harbor the views from our room was fantastic and the size and cleanliness unmatched.....the staff from the parking lot to the front desk were great and the free breakfast is more than you could ask for....not to mention it is in the center of everything, park and walk

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We loved everything about this hotel! Location was perfect! The balcony of the rooms are right over the pier. Everything is located right out the door. You have the best restaurants, cute speciality shops that surround the hotel and a lot of the excursions are booked there at the pier. This is a older hotel, so keep in mind that the decor is dated but clean! All of the hotels around there are old. We loved it!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Stayed one night at the Fisherman's' Wharf Inn and booked King bed full harbor.
This place is for you if you are interested in sleeping in a room that has not been renovated since the late 1970's. It just did not meet my standards for the price.
The room was large, but the doors were shellacked and the walls were constructed of some type of paritioned particle board. The bathroom was small and equally outdated.
The positives were the size of the room and the bed, which had white linens with a white duvet comforter. The AC unit was modern and ran quiet. Another positive, hence the two star rating and not one, was the view that I paid for - the harbor. There were two chairs on the deck separated by a large nautical cloth, along with a small dirty plastic table. Had coffee maker and mini refrigerator in room. FREE coffee available in lobby.
The continental breakfast was adequate. Something interesting was that they had baked beans along side the scrambled eggs! Never seen that before.
Parking free, but a little confusing as there is a parking lot across the street.
Location is great, right in town. Staff was friendly.
BTW - I gave a similar review to the email survey - hope they make renovations soon.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Ramsey L, General Manager at Fisherman's Wharf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Hey we're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful scenic harbor views! We're really proud of our harbor. We hope our friendly staff treated you well during your stay.

We do have guests who are occasionally underwhelmed at the materials such as lightweight bathroom doors and Masonite-type wall covering. We try to remind our guests that once they enter our lobby, they leave dry land. That is, the hotel and most guest rooms are completely out over the water. This limits the type of materials, furniture, and gross weight we can accrue for the structure. This is in no way excusing away your mixed experience and we certainly welcome your feedback. We will continue to work with our team to discover new ways to modernize the elements of our hotel you mentioned without diminishing the unique rustic harbor experience we offer.

Thank you again so much for your honest review and insight. We hope you will join us again. We're glad you enjoyed the free complimentary coffee that we offer 24 hours a day.

Please call us if you would like to comment on your experience directly with our management team or would like us to assist you in booking your next visit. We truly value your patronage.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

I made reservations on line directly w the hotel. We were staying only one night, so I'm not sure if that is why we were given room 107. We arrived on Sept. 18, which was a weekday and prepaid for the room ($169 approx). The room was the worst room I have ever made reservations for! It smelled musty and hadn't been renovated in years--at least over 20 years! The furniture looked like it was from the 70s! Knobs on the light fixtures were sticky. A covering over a lamp wire ( from the bedside wall lamp) was missing. The bathroom was so outdated it was ridiculous. And, to charge the price we were charged was appallingly. Neither my husband nor I, who travel many times throughout the year, could believe that a hotel would actually rent out such a nasty, outdated room. I knew there was no way that I could sleep in the room, so we went back to the registration desk and asked a young girl by the name of Stella if there was another room available that we could move to; one that was updated and that did not smell. I told her that room 107 was not acceptable to us. She looked on her computer and offered us two other options. She said these options had some new renovations. She offered to show us the rooms so that we could see if one of them would be acceptable. One option was a waterfront room that was more expensive, by $32, but was more recently renovated and didn't smell. We felt we didn't have much of a choice, but to take that room and move our luggage. I honestly don't know who would have accepted staying in room 107; it was deplorable! And, because the room was in such bad shape, I also didn't feel that we should have had to pay any type of fee to "upgrade". It was like a bate and switch. We will never stay in this hotel again and will most certainly not recommend it to anyone. This hotel needs a complete overhaul in order to charge the prices it is charging!

Room Tip: Avoud any rooms on the first floor; better yet, choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank newyork145_9
Ramsey L, General Manager at Fisherman's Wharf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

We are so sorry that you didn't leave here with a positive memories to look back on and that we didn't meet your expectations. With over 12 room types here it can be a bit confusing booking if you haven't been here before, and we only have 2 NKI rooms Room 158 and 107. Room 107 is as old as our inn, over 70 years, and did get a new vanity bathroom floor and deck this past year, but there is no excuse for a musty smell and always work to do. I must sincerely apologize for that.

This is the first time this issue was brought to my attention and I'm so sorry that we weren't able to better resolve the situation before you left. If I'd been aware of the situation I feel like we could have ended things on better terms and ultimately that is my fault. I sincerely hope the rest of your trip around Maine was an enjoyable experience despite the bit of rain we had those few days.

There is always work to be done and we will refocus our efforts on improving 107. I appreciate your feedback.